Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE Security

MCSE Security

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=

I was wondering if I should go for my MCSE 2003 w/security. I'm only one test
away for my MCSE 2003. Is it really worth 2 more test, or should I just wait
and upgrade my MCSE next year(The new MCTS server 200. I already have my
MCSA and MCSA w/messaging. I also noticed their will be no upgrade with the
new server 2008 track for security or messaging. Any feedback would be
greatly appreciated......

Thanks,

Jerry

The Rev [MCT]

Well it is true that no Messaging Cert will be offered in the same way,
however two new Exhange Certifications are on the way. I will admit I was a
bit suprised that no security specific certification is coming, however
don't worry I'm sure an ISA cert is.

As for what you should do, that depends on you. If its in your career path
than go for it. As for worrying about the fact there is no upgrade you
should remember Win2K8 certs are a while off yhet and companies are still
learning about the new Cert structure not to mention the fact that Win2k3
will still be a front runner server product for all the non-early adopters,
which represents the majority of the business world. I did Messaging and
Security for my MCSA/MCSE you can do whatever you want to do, if its in your
career path it wouldn't hurt, and if its not in your career path it still
wouldn't hurt....

--
..rev

accepting it"