Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reinstalling Windows

Reinstalling Windows

Megan

According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
upgrades).

Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
button and the contact address was lost.

Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?

The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
authorized retailer.
Thanks for your help.M.

Gordon

"Megan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
> I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
> upgrades).
>
> Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
> Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
> xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
> The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
> button and the contact address was lost.
>
> Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?
>
> The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
> and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
> It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
> authorized retailer.
> Thanks for your help.M.

You don't need a new product ID. Go through the activation process again,
and when it fails, select "activate by telephone". Then follow the
instructions.

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Megan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
>> I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
>> upgrades).
>>
>> Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
>> Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
>> xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
>> The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
>> button and the contact address was lost.
>>
>> Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?
>>
>> The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
>> and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
>> It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
>> authorized retailer.
>> Thanks for your help.M.
>>

> You don't need a new product ID. Go through the activation process again,
> and when it fails, select "activate by telephone". Then follow the
> instructions.

Exactly! I've done that with both Windows XP and with MS Office products.
Not fast, but not difficult either.

Meat Plow

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:57:54 +0000, Megan wrote:

> According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
> I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
> upgrades).
>
> Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
> Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
> xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
> The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
> button and the contact address was lost.
>
> Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?
>
> The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
> and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
> It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
> authorized retailer.
> Thanks for your help.M.

If you're legit, just call them and reactivate over the phone. I've done
it.
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

al jones

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:57:54 GMT, Megan wrote:

> According to MS Corporation I reinstalled mu Win XP to many times.
> I did it because of viruses, cleaning cluttered HD, different HDs, other
> upgrades).
>
> Now MS Corp "thinks" that I'm a some kind of a crook and tells me: "your
> Windows was reinstalled to many times no registration allowed" , call
> xxxxxx for a new Win ID.
> The problem is, my finger was faster than my brain. I hit a keyboard
> button and the contact address was lost.
>
> Anyone knows where to e-mail to get a new product ID ?
>
> The Win XP I'm using was never used before by anyone else. I'm the first
> and the only user. It is used for only one computer.
> It is not a pirated copy. It is my very own, purchased from an
> authorized retailer.
> Thanks for your help.M.

Just re-iterating, call MS it's not a problem, a little inconvenient but
since it's your legit copy it'll take about 5 minutes.

I'm constantly changing my machine with different things (new MB<!!>, etc)
and they don't hassle me at all.

//al