Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MSCE

arnie UK

hi all i hope i can get a proper answer ?..I am thinking
of a career change and have been using pc's for about 10
years and i am wanting to do the MSCE certification..I am
a bit apprehensive about it all and just need some idea
of what is expected of me.. I am sure i have the ability
to pass the exams but just need an idea of the course
details . I dont really want to spend years biulding up
certs just to get on I want to have a go at a decent
one !..I have built pc systems for people and set up
small networks does anyone think I should go for it ?

Who Goes There

In news:011001c50314$368aea30$(E-Mail Removed),
arnie UK <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

>does anyone think I should go for it ?

as with Smarties ..... only you have the answer.

www.microsoft.com/learning

Keyboard Cowboy

Dir Sir,

The MCSE is over-rated and businesses and corporations no
longer look for MCSE candidates. You would be better off
investing your time and studies into the covetous MOS
certification. This will certainly get you past the HR
filters and land you an extremely cushy position.

See here for more details:
http://tinyurl.com/35zbq

Keyboard Cowboy MCNGP #14
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

kpg

"arnie UK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:011001c50314$368aea30$(E-Mail Removed)...

> hi all i hope i can get a proper answer ?..

OK. This is a serious reply.

> I am thinking of a career change and have been using pc's
> for about 10 years and i am wanting to do the MSCE
> certification..

My son is 15. He also has been using PC's for about 10 years.

www.microsoft.com/learning

> I dont really want to spend years biulding up
> certs just to get on I want to have a go at a decent
> one !..

I think what you are trying to say is you want a good job
in IT without having to spend a long time getting certified.

You're in luck! You may find this surprising but getting certified
and getting a good job in IT have very little to do with each other.
Oh sure, the certs MAY get you past the HR department but they
won't help you in the interview. What you need is experience.

> I have built pc systems for people and set up
> small networks

Well, if that is the extent of your experience then you may have
a problem.

> does anyone think I should go for it ?

I'm sure there are some, yes.

--
kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
MCNGP.com - We're just like you - only better!

Saying you're an MSCE when you're not =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBTbWl0aA==?= Microsoft Certification 13 10-18-2005 02:39 PM
MSCE/MCSA network differences? James Microsoft Certification 3 01-09-2004 08:45 PM
MSCE XP D. Nzara MCSE 3 08-06-2003 10:18 PM
MSCE vrs MCP Valentino Plummer MCSE 4 07-21-2003 04:20 PM
any one got any views on the msce for security? m33p MCSE 5 07-08-2003 01:57 PM

Advertisments