Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Server 2003 certification ??

Server 2003 certification ??

=?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

Dear all,

I am a pure .Net developper and actually I get my first certification on
WIndows Xp (70-270).The idea I get for further exam is to try to get what is
the best .

fro instance as a developper it is very important to understand the OS you
are working on, thats why I get to MCP Xp, now some of our customer use
server 2003 where our applciation could run on.

My question is : In server 2003 is there some common point that I get on XP, ?
Will it be easier and faster to go for server 2003 as I get already XP?

Note that I ma not working in an IT departement, so no experience on reqal
world of administration but every thing is not imporssible by practice

thanks for your reply
regards
Serge

Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)

I would think if your a pure programmer you'd be going after the MCSD, but
that's just my opinion. A friend of mine who is a MCSD and one of the best
programmers I know personally couldn't care less about windows or trouble
shooting or networking for that matter.

If you are really a programmer in .Net then go for those certifications.
Your taking the wrong tests for your field. Now on the other hand if you
plan on being a "double threat" then do both, but as it sounds that you have
no experience with any of the MCSE stuff I'd recommend putting it on hold
and doing the MCSD first...

--
"The Rev"
Microsoft Certified Trainer

..
"serge calderara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> I am a pure .Net developper and actually I get my first certification on
> WIndows Xp (70-270).The idea I get for further exam is to try to get what

is
> the best .
>
> fro instance as a developper it is very important to understand the OS you
> are working on, thats why I get to MCP Xp, now some of our customer use
> server 2003 where our applciation could run on.
>
> My question is : In server 2003 is there some common point that I get on

XP, ?
> Will it be easier and faster to go for server 2003 as I get already XP?
>
> Note that I ma not working in an IT departement, so no experience on reqal
> world of administration but every thing is not imporssible by practice
>
> thanks for your reply
> regards
> Serge

>My question is : In server 2003 is there some common point that I get on XP, ?

yes, they both come in 32 & 64 bit flavors.

>Will it be easier and faster to go for server 2003 as I get already XP?

I somehow doubt it, but heck prove me wrong.

>Note that I ma not working in an IT departement,

getaway!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>A friend of mine who is a MCSD and one of the best
>programmers I know personally couldn't care less about windows or trouble
>shooting or networking for that matter.

I could not do my job without a good understanding of networking and
how the core systems function. I would say that's true for a great
many software developers/engineers (or whatever they want to call
themselfs), working in todays world, or in yesterday's world for that
matter.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

=?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

Thnaks a lot for your advise
I will do then what you suggest.
As a developper too I am in charge in my compyny to prepare and deploy
standard system configuration fro our customers, thats why I know about
system deep but only as deployement installation, dignostic and trouble
shooting as XP requirements says. No administration for sure.

An even as developper in helps me a lot to know that

thnaks again
serge

"Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)" wrote:

> I would think if your a pure programmer you'd be going after the MCSD, but
> that's just my opinion. A friend of mine who is a MCSD and one of the best
> programmers I know personally couldn't care less about windows or trouble
> shooting or networking for that matter.
>
> If you are really a programmer in .Net then go for those certifications.
> Your taking the wrong tests for your field. Now on the other hand if you
> plan on being a "double threat" then do both, but as it sounds that you have
> no experience with any of the MCSE stuff I'd recommend putting it on hold
> and doing the MCSD first...
>
> --
> "The Rev"
> Microsoft Certified Trainer
>
> Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches/second
> ..
> "serge calderara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am a pure .Net developper and actually I get my first certification on
> > WIndows Xp (70-270).The idea I get for further exam is to try to get what

> is
> > the best .
> >
> > fro instance as a developper it is very important to understand the OS you
> > are working on, thats why I get to MCP Xp, now some of our customer use
> > server 2003 where our applciation could run on.
> >
> > My question is : In server 2003 is there some common point that I get on

> XP, ?
> > Will it be easier and faster to go for server 2003 as I get already XP?
> >
> > Note that I ma not working in an IT departement, so no experience on reqal
> > world of administration but every thing is not imporssible by practice
> >
> > thanks for your reply
> > regards
> > Serge

=?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

Yes agree on that too and it my point of view also
For my work after developing my application I need to be sure that system I
deliver to my customers are stable and reliable. SO I have been involve on
developing a deployement strategy with all teh stuff, and it helsp a lot

thnsk for your comment
regards
serge

"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Spher" wrote:

> >A friend of mine who is a MCSD and one of the best
> >programmers I know personally couldn't care less about windows or trouble
> >shooting or networking for that matter.

> I could not do my job without a good understanding of networking and
> how the core systems function. I would say that's true for a great
> many software developers/engineers (or whatever they want to call
> themselfs), working in todays world, or in yesterday's world for that
> matter.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)

Well all I can say is good luck and have fun. I would still hit the MCSD
stuff first though, then go back and hit the MCSE track if you plan to do
both....