Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Delete IE usernames

Delete IE usernames

Jim S

I use Firefox, but sometimes have to access sites by IEtab. If I then save a
username and password it appears to be saved in IE not Ffox.
I had problems with one particular username/password combination and all the
incorrect ones were stored and appear on the drop-down. How can I get to
these to delete them?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Jim S wrote:
> I use Firefox, but sometimes have to access sites by IEtab. If I then save a
> username and password it appears to be saved in IE not Ffox.
> I had problems with one particular username/password combination and all the
> incorrect ones were stored and appear on the drop-down. How can I get to
> these to delete them?

In IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, General tab and delete everthing
from there. You can also go to the Content tab and turn off autocomplete.

Jim S

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:54:31 -0400, Rgr wrote:

> Jim S wrote:
>> I use Firefox, but sometimes have to access sites by IEtab. If I then save a
>> username and password it appears to be saved in IE not Ffox.
>> I had problems with one particular username/password combination and all the
>> incorrect ones were stored and appear on the drop-down. How can I get to
>> these to delete them?

> In IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, General tab and delete everthing
> from there. You can also go to the Content tab and turn off autocomplete.

I don't want to delete everything, just the 'dud' ones.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK