Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spy Sweeper

Spy Sweeper

ALBERT STEEL

Having just tried to upgrade from Spy Sweeper 5.3.2 (build 2361) to 5.5.1
(build 3354).
After installation and restart the computer crashed and had to be started in
safe mode and system restore used to resume operation.
I have informed Webroot and await their reply.
Anyone else out there had this problem?

Gazwad

ALBERT STEEL <(E-Mail Removed)>, the grunting-tramp and squat
toilet-tessie who likes violent anus irrigation with manta rays, and
whose partner is a fancy-girl with a slippery home plate, wrote in
<aOOdi.1319$(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Having just tried to upgrade from Spy Sweeper 5.3.2 (build 2361) to 5.5.1
> (build 3354).
> After installation and restart the computer crashed and had to be started
> in safe mode and system restore used to resume operation.
> I have informed Webroot and await their reply.
> Anyone else out there had this problem?

Spysweeper is poorly written, tat.
It updates in an underhand way and is generally not the sort of thing you
would want on any decent PC.

is but a dream within a dream.

x@y

"ALBERT STEEL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
..
> Having just tried to upgrade from Spy Sweeper 5.3.2 (build 2361) to 5.5.1
> (build 3354).
> After installation and restart the computer crashed and had to be started in
> safe mode and system restore used to resume operation.
> I have informed Webroot and await their reply.
> Anyone else out there had this problem?

I had different problems, and at the end of my subscription I have uninstalled
it.

My problems were:

(1) could not log on to their Website for online Support.
(2) It took close to two hours to sweep my system.
(3) Never found much of anything in my System.
(4) It was clitching the OS every about 5 minutes.
< Example: If I had a Screen Saver on, it would shut it down>

Good Luck, x@y