Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Dear Lord...

OT: Dear Lord...

Neil

....Please let the Eagle's win the Superbowl. Briscoe would be unbearable...

--
Neil MCNGP #30
nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us

kpg

AMEN!

I was going for Steelers/Flacons...

molsonexpert

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> AMEN!
>
> I was going for Steelers/Flacons...

Yes, the flacons, which is french for flakes, and thus highly appropriate.
An absolutely unbearable game to watch. Michael Vick should not be allowed
to throw the ball.

steve.

Ken Briscoe

In news:Xns95E7E0453857Fneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6,
Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:
> ...Please let the Eagle's win the Superbowl. Briscoe would be
> unbearable...

Dear respected sir,

I am already unbearable.

Rgs,

Raman Noodl

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.S. are not welcome at www.mcngp.com. Unless you email
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) first.

Neil

did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:
#(E-Mail Removed):

> I am already unbearable.

hard to disagree

--
Neil MCNGP #30
nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us

kpg

I get this call from a customer who uses our software. Her tech told
her that our software had spyware packaged with it - a nasty little
keylogger from LoudMarketing.com. Her tech told her it was watching
all her keystrokes - things like SSN's and Credt Card numbers and that
it came from us!

I calmly told her that we do not ship spyware with our product and
suggested that she had gotton the infection from the Internet, not us.

Today her tech called me, defiant, he stated the we were indeed the source
of the spyware infection - he scanned a computer, it was clean, he installed
our software, now it showed up as infected. He demanded to know why we
would ship spyware!

We don't, I told him - But I'll test it here.

Well, to my suprise MS antispyware showed I had the key logger
called Bridge/WinFavorites.

JEZ. Bridge.dll is one of our files used to 'bridge' data to company
servers. When I picked that name I did not know there was a spyware
keylogger with the same name.

I renamed the dll, but the question remains: What if some spyware out
there happens to step on one of my many other exe and dll names?
Will MS spyware base its decision soly on the name of the exe or
will it use other signatures to detect real threats from accidential ones?

Now I have a damage control issue on my hands --

'No, I know MS says it's spyware, but it not - trust me...'

kpg

kpg

I balme OE for the positioning of this post...

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg climbed on a soapbox & opined:

> I balme OE for the positioning of this post...

Well somebody needs to take the rap.

Would that be steve balme?

--
JaR
Thug 10110

Jtyc

> I balme OE for the positioning of this post...

I blame the spyware you installed on my system.

>I renamed the dll, but the question remains: What if some spyware out
>there happens to step on one of my many other exe and dll names?

The algorithms used would be more sophisticated than just checking
filenames. I guess the heuristics used decided your dll matched the
spyware in some way, say by it's imports table. or by some crude hash
sample.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Dear Canon ,Dear Panasonic,Dear Fuji... tiresia2@hotmail.it Digital Photography 1 08-15-2006 01:36 PM
OT: Dear Lord... Neil MCSE 5 02-09-2005 06:35 PM
Dear MCNGP Lost MCSE 3 05-17-2004 07:21 PM
Dear Sir . Mohammad Nowshad Sikder MCSE 5 10-10-2003 10:57 PM

Advertisments