Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Router

Router

Rick Merrill

Bulld0g wrote:
> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Bulld0g" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:CNxdi.25296$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
>>> connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
>>> The internet light isnt coming on,

>> I would suspect that the router is borked.......did you leave the phone
>> line plugged in?
>>

> No m8 its a cable modem i unplugged the power before i went.

Look, you have to unplug everything (modem, router, pc) - power off, not
"reset".

Then powerup the modem and WAIT 1 minute (60 seconds) then the router
and wait 60 sec then the pC - this allows each to boot up and detect the
unit in 'front' of it.

Gazwad

Bulld0g <(E-Mail Removed)>, the chubby-derelict and theatrical
invert who likes animalistic tool twisting with octopuses, and whose
partner is a chippie with a wringing-wet furry furnace, wrote in
<CNxdi.25296$(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router

You poor ****.

Buy a proper one and be done with it.

is but a dream within a dream.

Plato

Bulld0g wrote:

> When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
> connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
> The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the web manager
> and i have reset the Router to original factory settings.I have even
> reformatted the laptop
> .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the ethernet but
> have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls running.

You may have to shut everything off, inclduing the router and internet
modem, and all the pcs connnected to the modem, sometimes you have to
wait 15 minutes, Then turn the modem on, them turn the router on, then
turn on each pc on one at a time to make it work.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Steve Urbach

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 01:16:12 +0100, "Gazwad"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bulld0g <(E-Mail Removed)>, the chubby-derelict and theatrical
>invert who likes animalistic tool twisting with octopuses, and whose
>partner is a chippie with a wringing-wet furry furnace, wrote in
><CNxdi.25296$(E-Mail Removed)>:
>> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router

>You poor ****.
>
>Buy a proper one and be done with it.

I rarely agree with Gazwad, but in this case...
Belkin might make decent, but over priced cables.
But..... If it has any electronic components, make the fingers cross warding
sign and *RUN*.
I would even trust "Airlink" more than "Belkin", and they are not `very high
on my list.
S U

Walter Mautner

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Walter Mautner wrote:
>
>> Bulld0g wrote:
>>
>>> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and

>> You know wireless cables these days are really short in supply, ...

> Boys ... boys ... What if he means his Belkin router is hooked up to
> his cable modem .. y'know, broadband from the cable TV company?

Hehe, that was just a reminder the OP should express himself clearly.
Got a cable connection (and cheapo netgear wireless router) here as well,
and I have it on a power bar with switch - the pc, the cable modem
powersupply, the router powersupply and some other power cubes, and it
works just fine when I turn it off alltogether and on again the other day.

> (I think he should reformat the computer a few more times, though.)

Reformat in panic ... most probably without saving anything. Looks like
headcrashing the last-braincell-container against the keyboard ;-/

Gazwad

Kraftee <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk>, the boozing-skid-row-bum and
double-jointed madge-cove who likes fiendish cane varnishing with
tortoiseshell cats, and whose partner is a flesh-peddler with an
unpleasant tang, wrote in <f56nq8$2bm$(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Bulld0g wrote:
>> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and running xp pro
>> on my laptop,connecting wirelessly via the router. everything has
>> been running great for months,but i went away at the weekend and
>> switched everything off Laptop, Modem and Router.
>>
>> When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried
>> to connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
>> The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the
>> web manager and i have reset the Router to original factory
>> settings.I have even reformatted the laptop
>> .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the
>> ethernet but have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls
>> running.
>> Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning
>> but i am still waiting to hear from them.

> Why o why have you reformated your laptop & reset your router???
>
> Guess what......that will be of no bloody good to you at all.
>
> Your router isn't seeing a DSL signal, so you play about with everything
> hoping it will magically appear. A name does come to mind but I can't use
> it in mixed company...
>
> It's very simple, have you tried your router in the test socket in the
> back of your master socket?

Master socket?
I see you're fully qualified to troubleshoot a cable modem.
Sadly, it's not rammed up your arse.

is but a dream within a dream.

Gazwad

WhzzKdd <frack_this@email_is.invalid>, the fat-ragbag and deviant
fantail who likes nefarious sex acts with garden snails, and whose
partner is a street-girl with a dowdy yo-yo smuggler, wrote in
<ZXEdi.36$(E-Mail Removed)>:
> "Bulld0g" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CNxdi.25296$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and running xp pro on my
>> laptop,connecting wirelessly via the router. everything has been running
>> great for months,but i went away at the weekend and switched everything
>> off Laptop, Modem and Router.
>>
>> When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
>> connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
>> The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the web
>> manager and i have reset the Router to original factory settings.I have
>> even reformatted the laptop
>> .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the ethernet but
>> have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls running.
>>
>> Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning but i
>> am still waiting to hear from them.
>>

> First thing to try, is skip the wireless router completely. Turn
> everything off. Disconect the cable modem from the cable and from the
> power. Wait 2 minutes or more. Connect the cable to the modem. Connect the
> power to the modem and turn it on. WAIT. WAIT. Wait. When the modem
> finishes all the self-tests, plug your computer directly into the modem
> with a CAT5 ethernet cable. NOW you can turn on the laptop. Do you get
> Internet?

Why are you telling the stupid **** to do what he's already stated has been
done and works perfectly?
You dumb ****.

> If so, power down the laptop. Disconnect laptop from the ethernet cable.
> Connect the ethernet cable to the WAN connection on the router. Power on
> the router. Watch the lights - anything? If so, connect the laptop to the
> router with another ethernet cable. (You DO have two, right? You always
> want two - you should never do router setups over the wireless
> connection.) Power up. Do you have Internet? If so, check the wireless in
> the laptop to see if it has a signal. If you do, then disconnect the
> ethernet cable and see if you can get Internet through the wireless.

You would have him connect the belkin to the modem that's just been working
directly connected to the laptop?
So the cable modem has the laptops mac not that of the router? And you
expect it to work?
You dumb ****!

Aside: You're all as thick as each other.

is but a dream within a dream.

Brian MW0GKX

> You would have him connect the belkin to the modem that's just been
> working
> directly connected to the laptop?
> So the cable modem has the laptops mac not that of the router? And you
> expect it to work?
> You dumb ****!

Gazwad may not have much in the way of manners but he's talking sense.

MAC address not recognised=no service

--
People. You can't live with 'em and it's illegal to hunt them...except in
Texas.

Highfields Amateur Radio Club: http://highfields-arc.co.uk

Gazwad

Brian MW0GKX <(E-Mail Removed)>, the senile-derelict and conspicuous
knick-knack who likes deranged king crowning with moon rats, and whose
partner is a bit of **** with a delicate gingerbread, wrote in
<gQPdi.1318$(E-Mail Removed)>:

>> You would have him connect the belkin to the modem that's just been
>> working
>> directly connected to the laptop?
>> So the cable modem has the laptops mac not that of the router? And you
>> expect it to work?
>> You dumb ****!
>>

> Gazwad may not have much in the way of manners but he's talking sense.
>
> MAC address not recognised=no service

Corr!

is but a dream within a dream.

relic

Gazwad wrote:
> Brian MW0GKX <(E-Mail Removed)>, the senile-derelict and conspicuous
> knick-knack who likes deranged king crowning with moon rats, and whose
> partner is a bit of **** with a delicate gingerbread, wrote in
> <gQPdi.1318$(E-Mail Removed)>:
>>>
>>> You would have him connect the belkin to the modem that's just been
>>> working
>>> directly connected to the laptop?
>>> So the cable modem has the laptops mac not that of the router? And
>>> you expect it to work?
>>> You dumb ****!
>>>

>> Gazwad may not have much in the way of manners but he's talking
>> sense.
>>
>> MAC address not recognised=no service

> Corr!

What was wrong with your manners?