Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > receiving data from jsp

receiving data from jsp

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

Hi all

We are developing an application which has jsp and aspx pages. Here, I
need to get large string as an input from jsp to aspx.(for ex: the length of
this string is 10000 characters).

How can I receive that string from jsp to asp?

But, these aspx pages will be called by jsp only.

Thannks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
John.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

If aspx can receive the data, then how?
i mean, is it possible using Response.outputstream.Read(bufff,0,lenOfData).

With which function, I can read data from jsp page?

--
Thanks & Regards,
John.

"John" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> We are developing an application which has jsp and aspx pages. Here, I
> need to get large string as an input from jsp to aspx.(for ex: the length of
> this string is 10000 characters).
>
> How can I receive that string from jsp to asp?
>
> But, these aspx pages will be called by jsp only.
>
> Thannks in advance.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> John.

bruce barker

the easiest is to create a webservice in jsp and create a web reference
in .net.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

John wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We are developing an application which has jsp and aspx pages. Here, I
> need to get large string as an input from jsp to aspx.(for ex: the length of
> this string is 10000 characters).
>
> How can I receive that string from jsp to asp?
>
> But, these aspx pages will be called by jsp only.
>
> Thannks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

Hi Burce,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I can send the data from asp to jsp using
"Response.OutputStream.Write(buff, 0, (int)LenOfData)".

First I would like to receive data from jsp to aspx using some streams.
I am new bie to .net technologies. Is there any way to receive data using
streams in aspx?

I agree, with your webservice solution. Should we create webservices for
sending data from jsp side? Is it optimal solution?

Can I use webservices in page_load event of aspx page to receive that data?

Just for confirmation, I am asking once again.

Thanks in advance.
--
Thanks & Regards,
John.