Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 1310 bridge - line protocol down

Cisco 1310 bridge - line protocol down

kailash7@gmail.com

Hi,

I have two 1310 Aironet bridges which worked well for the past 12
months. Now the line protocol on one of them is suddenly going down
for no apparent reason.

The only remedy at this stage is to turn off and on again the bridge
to get the line protocol to UP again - a reload won't change
anything.

Anyone ever experience such a problem? Note that System image file is
"flash:/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA. The bridge is
available in both telnet/http via the other bridge (it doesn't lose
the association) but seems to have cut off all connection on its
fastEthernet port:
FastEthernet0 is up, line protocol is down
Hardware is PowerPCElvis Ethernet, address....

Any idea? I changed the power injector (this is where the ethernet
port is located) with no success. Would it be the 1310 bridge itself
which is faulty or a bug?

Thanks
Kailash

Aaron Leonard

Kailash,

This sounds like a bug, although I don't recognize it. There are certainly
some good reasons to upgrade a 1310 from 12.3(JA (I'd probably recommend
12.3(JEA1 or 12.4(3g)JA)), such as CSCse00415, CSCsg26708 and CSCsc60665.

If, after upgrading to recent code, the problem persists, then I would be inclined
to blame some kind of hardware problem between the 1310 bridge unit's FastEthernet
and the 4-port switch embedded in the power injector. If the power injector is
known to be good and the cable is known good, then I think the
next step would be to replace the 1310. This is an odd one though.

Aaron

---

~ Hi,
~