Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Monitoring

Monitoring

Darragh Delaney

We have the following Internet connection:

100MB POS connection terminating at a Cisco PA-POS-1OC3 module which is
located in a Cisco “Enhanced FlexWAN module” blade. This blase is housed
within a 6509 switch. Traffic is then passed to a PIX blade.

My query is about monitoring this connection. I want to capture packets
on the external interface of the firewall. However I seem to be limited
to been able to monitor the internal interface of the firewall by using
the "Session Monitor" commands

Does any one know how I could do this by using a switch feature or by
using TAPS?