Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > [OT] Microsoft's AntiSpyware Tool removes Internet Explorer

[OT] Microsoft's AntiSpyware Tool removes Internet Explorer

T-Bone

Was forwarded to me, source is unknown.

Many Microsoft Windows users who downloaded the recently released
AntiSpyware program from Microsoft, or had it installed through an
automatic Windows update, woke up to a surprise. Unintentionally, the
heuristics of the software detected Internet Explorer as spyware, and
removed the program from their systems.
AntiSpywareMicrosoft has pulled the program from its website until the
problem can be corrected. Elias Weatherbee, a Microsoft representative,
said the program was "only in beta" and that "a fix was forthcoming."
"It shows how powerful our AntiSpyware program is," said Weatherbee. "Not
only is it able to remove spyware from the system, but also the source of
most spyware. Our competitors can't match that."
A representative from Lavasoft, which sells Ad-Aware another spyware
removal program, complained that Microsoft was using its monopoly and
knowledge of the operating system to "offer features that others can't
match."
"Tough [POOP]," said Weatherbee.
Many computer users did not view this new "feature" positively. "I tried to
check the weather this morning and all my little blue "e" icons were
missing. I couldn't get to the Internet at all. I guess I'll have to get a
new computer," said Windows XP user Graham Newton.
Users of alternative browsers were happy to see Internet Explorer gone.
Thad Freeman of the Mozilla Users Group said, "I've been trying for years
to get rid of Internet Explorer. I never imagined that Microsoft would do
it for me. I'm ecstatic."
Microsoft technical support was advising customers to reinstall Windows to
regain Internet access and to disable automatic updates.
Symantec Antivirus Research reported that virus sightings were down by 95%
this morning.

I wonder if the 'source' of this has anything in comment with the ufo
sightings reported over redmond

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:41:45 -0500, "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup>
wrote:

>Was forwarded to me, source is unknown.
>
>Many Microsoft Windows users who downloaded the recently released
>AntiSpyware program from Microsoft, or had it installed through an
>automatic Windows update, woke up to a surprise. Unintentionally, the
>heuristics of the software detected Internet Explorer as spyware, and
>removed the program from their systems.
>AntiSpywareMicrosoft has pulled the program from its website until the
>problem can be corrected. Elias Weatherbee, a Microsoft representative,
>said the program was "only in beta" and that "a fix was forthcoming."
>"It shows how powerful our AntiSpyware program is," said Weatherbee. "Not
>only is it able to remove spyware from the system, but also the source of
>most spyware. Our competitors can't match that."
>A representative from Lavasoft, which sells Ad-Aware another spyware
>removal program, complained that Microsoft was using its monopoly and
>knowledge of the operating system to "offer features that others can't
>match."
>"Tough [POOP]," said Weatherbee.
>Many computer users did not view this new "feature" positively. "I tried to
>check the weather this morning and all my little blue "e" icons were
>missing. I couldn't get to the Internet at all. I guess I'll have to get a
>new computer," said Windows XP user Graham Newton.
>Users of alternative browsers were happy to see Internet Explorer gone.
>Thad Freeman of the Mozilla Users Group said, "I've been trying for years
>to get rid of Internet Explorer. I never imagined that Microsoft would do
>it for me. I'm ecstatic."
>Microsoft technical support was advising customers to reinstall Windows to
>regain Internet access and to disable automatic updates.
>Symantec Antivirus Research reported that virus sightings were down by 95%
>this morning.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil

did you hear The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.@> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

http://www.stopabductions.com/

--
Neil MCNGP #30
nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us

>> I wonder if the 'source' of this has anything in comment with the ufo
>> sightings reported over redmond

>http://www.stopabductions.com/

ping JaR, new keyboard, monitor & pants required please!!!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

LnkWizard

"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I wonder if the 'source' of this has anything in common (IFYPFY) with the

ufo
> sightings reported over redmond
>
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:41:45 -0500, "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup>
> wrote:
>
> >Was forwarded to me, source is unknown.

<snip>

> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

I didn't know they made hooks that big

Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

http://www.mcngp.com

Doom

> I didn't know they made hooks that big

Forget the pliers. We're gonna need the jaws of life for this one.

>> I didn't know they made hooks that big
>>

>Forget the pliers. We're gonna need the jaws of life for this one.

It's all true damn it, microsoft antispyware just eat my dog!!!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T-Bone climbed on a soapbox & opined:

> the
> heuristics of the software detected Internet Explorer as spyware, and
> removed the program from their systems.

So it works then!

LOL

--
JaR
Thug 10110

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
Sphere climbed on a soapbox & opined:

>>http://www.stopabductions.com/

> ping JaR, new keyboard, monitor & pants required please!!!

Don't bug me, I'm on step "D". BTW, anybody want to buy 141 ft roll of
Velostat?

--
JaR
Thug 10110