Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE Benefits... what benefits.

MCSE Benefits... what benefits.

Johnny Yi

How many have upgraded there certs from NT4 to Win2k to
Win2k3 and got their 4%+ raises or bonuses? :<

Why is Microsoft not giving MCSE benefits like free
Technet subscriptions for working our ars on constantly
upgrading our skills???

We don't even get a free T-shirt out of it. I feel bad
for those who have spent their own money and are still
looking for jobs or increase in pay...

Wake up, complain, and learn LINUX!!!

Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)

Then go learn Linux! If you in this for the free stuff then your in the
wrong place. Hard work and persistence is what earns you money.. You want
it? Then go for it! just don't sit and complain that you aren't getting a
freebie. Those people that paid their own way should be felt sorry for.
Those individuals have taken personal initiative to move themselves up in
the industry. Yes thousands of people are without employment and for that it
sucks, but to equate that with a certification as a waste of money is just
plain ludicrous.

As for the benefits Microsoft does give? Well there are plenty, not to
mention the fact several companies give benefits that are not listed on the
MCP website. But I will say if your only certified to "get yours" then you
got certified for all the wrong reasons.

--
"The Rev"
Microsoft Certified Trainer

..
"Johnny Yi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1db301c4fce9$c826ebf0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How many have upgraded there certs from NT4 to Win2k to
> Win2k3 and got their 4%+ raises or bonuses? :<
>
> Why is Microsoft not giving MCSE benefits like free
> Technet subscriptions for working our ars on constantly
> upgrading our skills???
>
> We don't even get a free T-shirt out of it. I feel bad
> for those who have spent their own money and are still
> looking for jobs or increase in pay...
>
> Wake up, complain, and learn LINUX!!!

catwalker63

What about those nifty lapel pins? Huh? Forgot those didn't ya?

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

"I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)

Oh yeah those too. They make good Tie Pins.

--

news:Xns95E1B2B1C25ADcatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...

> What about those nifty lapel pins? Huh? Forgot those didn't ya?
>
> --
> Catwalker
> aka Pu$$y Feet
> BS, MCP
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
>
> "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

catwalker63

"Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
@discussions.microsoft.com> prattled ceaslessly in news:#7ZLR7P$EHA.2012
@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> Oh yeah those too. They make good Tie Pins.

I use mine for push pins. <g>

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet
BS, MCP
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com

"I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

>How many have upgraded there certs from NT4 to Win2k to
>Win2k3 and got their 4%+ raises or bonuses? :<

who cares.

>Why is Microsoft not giving MCSE benefits like free
>Technet subscriptions for working our ars on constantly
>upgrading our skills???

because they don't care? microsoft are a company in a capitalist
world, to survive they need to keep on making more and more money. So
in a nutshell, there is no cost benefit for them to 'encourage' people
to become mcse etc, because so many all ready are and even more will
become so in the future.

>We don't even get a free T-shirt out of it.

what about the chick magnet?

> I feel bad
>for those who have spent their own money and are still
>looking for jobs or increase in pay...

i don't feel bad, i think it's real funny. If people are that stupid
to waste their *own* money that's their problem no one else's.

>Wake up, complain, and learn LINUX!!!

*you* certainly need to wake up and realize that complaining will not
do anything. Learning Linux might help though, the more you know and
all that....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>Those people that paid their own way should be felt sorry for.
>Those individuals have taken personal initiative to move themselves up in
>the industry. Yes thousands of people are without employment and for that it
>sucks, but to equate that with a certification as a waste of money is just
>plain ludicrous.

it is a total waste of money! What point is there in gaining a
certification which certifies nothing and means nothing without real
world experience? These people are stupid if they waste their own
money in trying to achieve something which in all likelihood will gain
them nothing. Still, it's not my money so let them waste it how they
please.

Sure there are many people out there who are unemployed, but these
people should be asking themselves 'why am I unemployed?', because
despite what people may say there is still a shortage of *skilled*,
*experienced*, *highly trained*, *professionals* within all areas of
IT, including network/security/systems/database administration.

In many cases these unemployed people are lazy and/or not very good at
their job (what role that may be). Many people would not consider
moving location, retraining or taking a [perceived] cut a salary to
keep employed. For those people, they get what they deserve. People
today believe they should have everything given to them on a plate,
well that simply won't cut it in the real world; as you said 'Hard
work and persistence is what earns you money', and the world totally
agrees with you.

What is 'ludicrous' however, are the amount of adverts from bootcamps,
'practice test providers' promising the glory days if you get
certified. These 'companies' prey on the weak and exploit their
[false] hopes, but still let them, 'cos who cares.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

billyw

but but but.. i dont want to be highly trained i just want to be a rich
idiot...
hmmmm if that happens can i become president?

"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Those people that paid their own way should be felt sorry for.
>>Those individuals have taken personal initiative to move themselves up in
>>the industry. Yes thousands of people are without employment and for that
>>it
>>sucks, but to equate that with a certification as a waste of money is just
>>plain ludicrous.

> it is a total waste of money! What point is there in gaining a
> certification which certifies nothing and means nothing without real
> world experience? These people are stupid if they waste their own
> money in trying to achieve something which in all likelihood will gain
> them nothing. Still, it's not my money so let them waste it how they
> please.
>
> Sure there are many people out there who are unemployed, but these
> people should be asking themselves 'why am I unemployed?', because
> despite what people may say there is still a shortage of *skilled*,
> *experienced*, *highly trained*, *professionals* within all areas of
> IT, including network/security/systems/database administration.
>
> In many cases these unemployed people are lazy and/or not very good at
> their job (what role that may be). Many people would not consider
> moving location, retraining or taking a [perceived] cut a salary to
> keep employed. For those people, they get what they deserve. People
> today believe they should have everything given to them on a plate,
> well that simply won't cut it in the real world; as you said 'Hard
> work and persistence is what earns you money', and the world totally
> agrees with you.
>
> What is 'ludicrous' however, are the amount of adverts from bootcamps,
> 'practice test providers' promising the glory days if you get
> certified. These 'companies' prey on the weak and exploit their
> [false] hopes, but still let them, 'cos who cares.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>but but but.. i dont want to be highly trained i just want to be a rich
>idiot...
>hmmmm if that happens can i become president?

Sure no problem. We can also throw in free (that's right, FREE) rocket
trips to the moon as well!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

billyw

hmm.. just the moon.. cheap-skate