Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Redirect URLs in IIS 6.0

Redirect URLs in IIS 6.0

Al

Can someone please tell me how to redirect all URLs like
http://App1.company.com/sites/OLD/* to http://App2.company.com/sites/NEW/*
in IIS 6.0 ?

Michael Nemtsev

Hello AL,

In IIS Manger, right click on the file or folder you wish to redirect and
select "Properties"
Select the radio titled "a redirection to a URL".
Enter the redirection page

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

On Jun 17, 4:35 am, Michael Nemtsev <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello AL,
>
> InIISManger, right click on the file or folder you wish to redirect and
> select "Properties"
> Select the radio titled "a redirection to a URL".
> Enter the redirection page
>
> ---
> WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
> My blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour
> Team blog:http://devkids.blogspot.com/

> A> Can someone please tell me how to redirect allURLslike
> A>http://App1.company.com/sites/OLD/* to
> A>http://App2.company.com/sites/NEW/*inIIS6.0?

Hi Michael,
Remember, I do NOT want to redirect all of <http://App1.company.com>.
Will it still work?
Al

Al

On Jun 16, 11:50 pm, Al <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to redirect all URLs likehttp://App1.company.com/sites/OLD/* to http://App2.company.com/sites/NEW/*
> in IIS 6.0 ?

BTW, it's a sharepoint site, located in the database and not a fite on
the file system.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello AL,

Yep, you can choose any *web site folder*, not the virtual one

---