Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NTFS crashes every time-won't run an exe remotely

NTFS crashes every time-won't run an exe remotely

developmental2@walla.com

Hi All,

I have recently reformatted one PC in my peer to peer network and
reinstalled its win2k
on NTFS (previosuly all of the PC's were FAT32 / Win2k).
It seemed to work at first, until I tried to execute EXE files over
the network from the NTFS PC.

Whenever I try to execute a file over the network (i.e. a file
residing on another PC with FAT32) it hangs the NTFS PC with no Error
message (simply freezes up), while other PC's that still have FAT32
execute this file without a problem. The NTFS pc has a new WD hard
drive with no errors. Downloaded all patches (SP4, windows update
etc).

This happens with any EXE file I try to run this way. The PC's are
networked through a simple router and wired with 100mbps LAN cables.
The drives are mapped with the NET USE /persistent:no upon boot, the
way they were before (when all PC's were FAT32).
I have user accounts for each PC (no drive is shared to the
everyone).

I'm going straight back to FAT32, but any hints of what's going on?

Plato

developmental2@walla.com

Is that a fact. Doesn't seem to explain why all the other FAT32 Pc's
run any EXE file I chuck at them remotely, only the NTFS machine
doesn't. And it once did too, when it had FAT32. Evidence points
against you.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have recently reformatted one PC in my peer to peer network and
>reinstalled its win2k
>on NTFS (previosuly all of the PC's were FAT32 / Win2k).
>It seemed to work at first, until I tried to execute EXE files over
>the network from the NTFS PC.
>
>Whenever I try to execute a file over the network (i.e. a file
>residing on another PC with FAT32) it hangs the NTFS PC with no Error
>message (simply freezes up),

It's just a file system, and not your problem, follow Plato's links.

--
Duck
http://www.flickr.com/photos/linny/45599281