Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How to forward multi/broadcast on frame-relay interface, please?

How to forward multi/broadcast on frame-relay interface, please?

worldwidestar@sina.com.cn

Hello,

How many methods can be used to make a cisco router forward multi/
broadcast on frame-relay interface?
I know one way is to map each dlci, like "frame-relay map ip
131.108.123.1 100 broadcast".
Any other way?

Thank you.

Trendkill

On Jun 16, 10:28 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How many methods can be used to make a cisco router forward multi/
> broadcast on frame-relay interface?
> I know one way is to map each dlci, like "frame-relay map ip
> 131.108.123.1 100 broadcast".
> Any other way?
>
> Thank you.

Don't think so. Frame Relay is point to point and NBMA, and therefore
that is the only way to ensure that broadcast traffic makes its way
across, and even then, only for traffic that would be 'broadcasted'
anyway.

Multicast on the other hand does have some other solutions, although
they may require the original command you have above. Here is the
documentation that you need...should answer your questions:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...l/frm_rlay.htm

worldwidestar@sina.com.cn

On 6 17 , 7 32 , Trendkill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 10:28 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Hello,

> > How many methods can be used to make a cisco router forward multi/
> > broadcast on frame-relay interface?
> > I know one way is to map each dlci, like "frame-relay map ip
> > 131.108.123.1 100 broadcast".
> > Any other way?

> > Thank you.

> Don't think so. Frame Relay is point to point and NBMA, and therefore
> that is the only way to ensure that broadcast traffic makes its way
> across, and even then, only for traffic that would be 'broadcasted'
> anyway.
>
> Multicast on the other hand does have some other solutions, although
> they may require the original command you have above. Here is the
> documentation that you need...should answer your questions:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...ns/mcst_sol/fr...

Thank you.