Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css help needed - ie6/ie7

css help needed - ie6/ie7

ed

Hey Guys + Girls,

I need a little help with a chunk of code. I've looked at it for so
long I my eyes are crossed... was hoping for a little assistance. In
firefox, the menu, mainnav and subnav on the left hand side looks as I
desire. In IE7, the menu has some really weird gaps above the subnavs
(as well as the "BLAST" top nav item) that I can not for the life of me
figure out. In IE6, the menu has the same bunch of gaps, with an
additional gap between each element. I'm mostly looking for an answer
to the IE7 gaps, but would love any help with the IE6 ones as well.

The link is here:

http://gbyo.com/testNew/myncbi/index.shtml

(As always, any help given is GREATLY appreciated!!!)

-e

dorayme

In article <2007061622033616807-user@superhoostcom>,
ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hey Guys + Girls,
>
> I need a little help with a chunk of code. I've looked at it for so
> long I my eyes are crossed... was hoping for a little assistance. In
> firefox, the menu, mainnav and subnav on the left hand side looks as I
> desire. In IE7, the menu has some really weird gaps above the subnavs
> (as well as the "BLAST" top nav item) that I can not for the life of me
> figure out. In IE6, the menu has the same bunch of gaps, with an
> additional gap between each element. I'm mostly looking for an answer
> to the IE7 gaps, but would love any help with the IE6 ones as well.
>
> The link is here:
>
> http://gbyo.com/testNew/myncbi/index.shtml
>
> (As always, any help given is GREATLY appreciated!!!)

Did you at all check the CSS in a validator?

--
dorayme

ed

Yup, I've validated both the CSS and the HTML.

On 2007-06-16 22:47:31 -0400, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> In article <2007061622033616807-user@superhoostcom>,
> ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hey Guys + Girls,
>>
>> I need a little help with a chunk of code. I've looked at it for so
>> long I my eyes are crossed... was hoping for a little assistance. In
>> firefox, the menu, mainnav and subnav on the left hand side looks as I
>> desire. In IE7, the menu has some really weird gaps above the subnavs
>> (as well as the "BLAST" top nav item) that I can not for the life of me
>> figure out. In IE6, the menu has the same bunch of gaps, with an
>> additional gap between each element. I'm mostly looking for an answer
>> to the IE7 gaps, but would love any help with the IE6 ones as well.
>>
>> The link is here:
>>
>> http://gbyo.com/testNew/myncbi/index.shtml
>>
>> (As always, any help given is GREATLY appreciated!!!)
>>

> Did you at all check the CSS in a validator?

Neredbojias

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:03:36 GMT ed scribed:

> Hey Guys + Girls,
>
> I need a little help with a chunk of code. I've looked at it for so
> long I my eyes are crossed... was hoping for a little assistance. In
> firefox, the menu, mainnav and subnav on the left hand side looks as I
> desire. In IE7, the menu has some really weird gaps above the subnavs
> (as well as the "BLAST" top nav item) that I can not for the life of me
> figure out. In IE6, the menu has the same bunch of gaps, with an
> additional gap between each element. I'm mostly looking for an answer
> to the IE7 gaps, but would love any help with the IE6 ones as well.
>
> The link is here:
>
> http://gbyo.com/testNew/myncbi/index.shtml
>
> (As always, any help given is GREATLY appreciated!!!)

From all I can C, this is a real ie bug (-checked in 6.) Here's what I
came up with:

On the <ul> inside the <li>, style float:left; margin:0; padding:0; (adjust
margin-left and list-styles accordingly.) On the <li> following that,
style clear:both;.

--
Neredbojias

Neredbojias

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:34:31 GMT Neredbojias scribed:

> On the <ul> inside the <li>, style float:left; margin:0; padding:0;
> (adjust margin-left and list-styles accordingly.) On the <li>
> following that, style clear:both;.

Uh, meaning the _outer_ <li> following that... <damn />

--
Neredbojias

Edwin van der Vaart

Neredbojias wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:34:31 GMT Neredbojias scribed:
>
>> On the <ul> inside the <li>, style float:left; margin:0; padding:0;
>> (adjust margin-left and list-styles accordingly.) On the <li>
>> following that, style clear:both;.

> Uh, meaning the _outer_ <li> following that... <damn />

<ul>
<li>
<damn />
</li>
</ul>

--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

Neredbojias

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:57:09 GMT Edwin van der Vaart scribed:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:34:31 GMT Neredbojias scribed:
>>
>>> On the <ul> inside the <li>, style float:left; margin:0; padding:0;
>>> (adjust margin-left and list-styles accordingly.) On the <li>
>>> following that, style clear:both;.

>> Uh, meaning the _outer_ <li> following that... <damn />

> <ul>
> <li>
> <damn />
> </li>
> </ul>

The <damn /> was a non-normative and superfluous comment of mine meant for
that message only.

--
Neredbojias