Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless on BT Home Hub

Wireless on BT Home Hub

Ray

Running XP Pro on one desktop PC. IP is BT with a BT Home Hub.
I have a Buffalo 54Mbps Wireless USB adapter which takes about a minute to
connect when I boot up.
It also stops working now and then for no apparent reason and I have to do a
repair to get it going again.
I have set up the profile exactly as it says in the manual but I just can't
get it to work properly.
Any suggestions please.

=?Utf-8?B?SXNjYUNvbXBz?=

Hi Ray

I'll try a few suggestions:

1/ If the BT Home Hub is set with a security/wep key (wireless access key),
try disabling that feature temporarily. I find that some wireless security
settings on the hub side can cause issues with connections.

2/ If the above worked without security key, you may want to try and find a
WPA/PSK patch for Windows XP (i will try and find the link), that one has
been useful recently.

3/ Try changing the Channel Number on the BT Home Hub, they are normally set
to channel 1 as default, channel 6 upwards is normally a bit more reliable.
You may need to get help from BT to change it though, as i can't remember all
the screens.

Many thanks.
Scott