Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Open Urls with Firefox, HOW ?

Open Urls with Firefox, HOW ?

Obsidion

I told it to open them with Firefox and pointed to Fiefox location,
but it opens with IE. What esle to I need to click to get it to open
with IE.

My Agent version is 1.93/32 576 and have no real wish to change it.

Thanks.

Obsidion

Now it lauches firefox, but nothing happens, just a blank adress box
and nothing

So sad.

On Jun 16, 8:08 am, Obsidion <Obsidion> wrote:
> I told it to open them with Firefox and pointed to Fiefox location,
> but it opens with IE. What esle to I need to click to get it to open
> with IE.
>
> My Agent version is 1.93/32 576 and have no real wish to change it.
>
> Thanks.

make FF the default program: Tools, Options, General and its in the
middle.

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 01:08:28 +1000, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Obsidion wrote:

> I told it

"It" being Microsoft Windows, or Forté Agent?

> to open them with Firefox and pointed to Fiefox location,
> but it opens with IE. What esle to I need to click to get it to open
> with IE.

The usual way, which is

1. Set Firefox as your default browser in Windows.

2. Configure Agent to
(•) Use Windows registry associations

as well as
[x] Enable highlighting and launching <--- check-marked
[ ] Remove URL prefix when launching <--- NOT check-marked

I trust you know that each URL type (in the drop-down list) has its
own settings.

I might guess that the type of URLs which you want to open are
"http:" URLs, but you are the one who would know.

> My Agent version is 1.93/32 576 and have no real wish to change it.

For launching URLs, there is no difference between Agent 1.93 and
more recent versions. So you are not going to be told to change it.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:11:00 +1000, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Obsidion wrote:

> Now it lauches firefox, but nothing happens, just a blank adress box
> and nothing
>
> So sad.

Works for me. Happy here.

If the problem has changed for you, then you have changed something or
you are doing something differently.

It's hard to know why you would have this problem, as I cannot see
your settings.

One possible cause is a combination of these four things

1. You already have Firefox running when you launch the URL
2. You are using "Use Custom settings" (not "use Windows registry settings").
3. You have a check-mark in the box "Use DDE"
4. The DDE settings to the right of "Use DDE" are not the
settings which Firefox needs. (Each browser has its own
individual DDE settings, different to other browsers.)

--
Cheers,
Ralph