Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Remote control of Local Pc

Remote control of Local Pc

Dhaval

I want to connect my local pc from any location through the internet
without any public ip.

How can I connect the Local pc.

Suggest any software or Windows inbuilt method. I tried remote
assistance but failed to go.
I tried VNC and Remote Desktop but they ask for Public IP.

If You have any suggestion then please reply.

why?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:45:28 -0700, Dhaval wrote:

>I want to connect my local pc from any location through the internet
>without any public ip.

If you don't use a public IP how does any connection get routed to it?

>How can I connect the Local pc.
>
>Suggest any software or Windows inbuilt method. I tried remote
>assistance but failed to go.
>
>I tried VNC and Remote Desktop but they ask for Public IP.

That's a problem because?

>If You have any suggestion then please reply.

Perhaps you asre asking the wrong question?

Maybe it's because your public IP can change, you then won't know what
it is to connect to?

See previous posts in 24HSHD
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics
about the IP/DNS services and remote options like,

dyndns
GoToMyPC
dns2go

Me

Flyer

"Dhaval" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I want to connect my local pc from any location through the internet
> without any public ip.
>
> How can I connect the Local pc.
>
> Suggest any software or Windows inbuilt method. I tried remote
> assistance but failed to go.
> I tried VNC and Remote Desktop but they ask for Public IP.
>
> If You have any suggestion then please reply.

there's service called Logmein, it's free, but it still requires your public
IP address. without the IP you won't be able to connect to it. Personally,
I use VNC, works for me

P.