Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Open Source Developers' Conference 2007 - Brisbane - Call for Papers

Open Source Developers' Conference 2007 - Brisbane - Call for Papers

Richard Jones

Call for Papers
Open Source Developers' Conference 2007 - Brisbane Australia
"Success in Development & Business"

OSDC is an Australian grass-roots conference providing Open Source
developers with an opportunity to meet, share, learn, and of course
show-off. OSDC focuses on Open Source developers building solutions
directly for customers and other end users, anything goes as long as
the code or the development platform is Open Source. Last year's
conference attracted over 180 people, 60 talks, and 6 tutorials.
Entry for delegates is kept easy by maintaining a low registration
fee (approx $300), which always includes the conference dinner.

This year OSDC will be held in Brisbane (Australia) from the 26th to
the 29th of November, with an extra dedicated stream for
presentations on Open Source business development, case studies,
software process, and project management. The theme for this year's
conference is "Success in Development & Business". If you are an Open
Source maintainer, developer or user we would encourage you to submit
a talk proposal on the open-source tools, solutions, technologies, or
languages you are working with.

Previous years have included numerous talks on topics such as:

- FOSS Software Development Tools, Software Process and
Project Management
- Languages/Platforms: C/C++, Java, C#/Mono/OSS.Net
- Scripting: Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Databases
- Education
- Web Technologies
- Emerging Technologies and Innovation

For more details and to submit your proposal(s), see
http://osdc.com.au/papers/cfp.html

If you have any questions or require assistance with your submission,
please don't hesitate to ask!

We recognise the increasing importance of Open Source in providing a
medium for collaboration between individuals, researchers, business
and government. In recognition of this, we offer optional peer-
review for those members of our community who desire it. We are
still finalising our review board, in addition to which those
requesting peer-review will be asked to contribute reviews for up to
three papers.

OSDC 2007 Brisbane (Australia) - Key Program Dates:

30 Jun - Initial proposals (short abstract) due
31 Jul - Proposal acceptance
31 Aug - Submission deadline
15 Sep - Peer-review response (optional)
30 Sep - Final version for proceedings

26 Nov - OSDC 2007 Tutorials
27-29 Nov - OSDC 2007 Main Conference!

For all information, contacts and updates, see the OSDC conference
web site at http://osdc.com.au/

We gratefully acknowledge the following companies for their early
commitment in sponsoring OSDC 2007:
- Apress (http://apress.com/)
- Common Ground (http://commongroundgroup.com/)
- Google (http://google.com.au/)