Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE takes two tries to send posts

OE takes two tries to send posts

Jim Beaver

Using OE as my newsreader, I've liked it for a long time. But just
recently, it has shown a weird tendency. When I send a post, the post will
sit in the Outbox until I do a manual Send, even though my Outbox is
configured to automatically send anything in it. And this quirk is not
consistent. About 1 out of 3 tries, the post will go out as soon as I
write/send it. The other times, it just goes to the Outbox until the next
time I hit the Send button on the toolbar. Any ideas what's going on?

Jim Beaver

WhzzKdd

"Jim Beaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8xCci.1355$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Using OE as my newsreader, I've liked it for a long time. But just
> recently, it has shown a weird tendency. When I send a post, the post
> will sit in the Outbox until I do a manual Send, even though my Outbox is
> configured to automatically send anything in it. And this quirk is not
> consistent. About 1 out of 3 tries, the post will go out as soon as I
> write/send it. The other times, it just goes to the Outbox until the next
> time I hit the Send button on the toolbar. Any ideas what's going on?
>
> Jim Beaver

In my case, I think it's my ISP's lousy news service. If it doesn't respond,
the post sits until the next time something tells it to send. Often in my
case, I have to exit OE and restart it to get the posts to go out.