Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > database migration

database migration

Hi Guys,

I am new to ACS, so may be asking a dumb Question. soory abt taht.
I have a acs running on 3.3.3 version. Is it possible to take a backup
of the existing database on the 3.3.3 version & then install 4.1 on a
totally new windows box & restore the backed up database.
If yes, pls tell me how.

I have read this link from cisco but its not very usefull.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1126012

Thankns

Trendkill

On Jun 15, 2:58 pm, V <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am new to ACS, so may be asking a dumb Question. soory abt taht.
> I have a acs running on 3.3.3 version. Is it possible to take a backup
> of the existing database on the 3.3.3 version & then install 4.1 on a
> totally new windows box & restore the backed up database.
> If yes, pls tell me how.
>
> I have read this link from cisco but its not very usefull.http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...acs_soft/csacs...
>
> Thankns

Truthfully I didn't think you could buy TACACs as a software version,
as now it is an appliance. You should be able to do what you are
asking, or install 3.3.3 on the new box first, import the database,
then upgrade to 4.1. I'd search cisco documentation, but I'm sure
this is no problem.

Database to xml for data migration Cameron Senior Ruby 3 12-10-2007 10:10 AM
Database migration Jerry Jones Ruby 2 02-06-2007 04:55 PM
old database migration to java john doe Java 1 02-03-2004 03:20 PM

Advertisments