Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Public Module in ASP.NET/VB.NET

Public Module in ASP.NET/VB.NET

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

Hi. I'm trying to create a Public Module in a VB.NET/ASP.NET application.
When coding the module I don't get real-time error checking/intellisense from
Visual Studio. Basically I can type whatever I want into the module, and VS
doesn't error check it or anything.

Error checking & intellisense work for everything else in the project
including code-behind files and other classes.

Why doesn't VS provide error checking/intellisense for VB.NET Modules? Thanks

Juan T. Llibre

Is the module located in the App_Code folder ?

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I'm trying to create a Public Module in a VB.NET/ASP.NET application.
> When coding the module I don't get real-time error checking/intellisense from
> Visual Studio. Basically I can type whatever I want into the module, and VS
> doesn't error check it or anything.
>
> Error checking & intellisense work for everything else in the project
> including code-behind files and other classes.
>
> Why doesn't VS provide error checking/intellisense for VB.NET Modules? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

Yes

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> Is the module located in the App_Code folder ?
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi. I'm trying to create a Public Module in a VB.NET/ASP.NET application.
> > When coding the module I don't get real-time error checking/intellisense from
> > Visual Studio. Basically I can type whatever I want into the module, and VS
> > doesn't error check it or anything.
> >
> > Error checking & intellisense work for everything else in the project
> > including code-behind files and other classes.
> >
> > Why doesn't VS provide error checking/intellisense for VB.NET Modules? Thanks

Patrice

You could use a class with shared members instead, the difference being
you'll have to use the class name (which could be not that bad).

Actually I gave this a try and intellisense works as expected. I would try
to create an empty project and see how it behaves to find out if this is a
problem in your VS.NET setup or something in this particular project that
prevent intellisense to work...

--
Patrice

"Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Yes
>
> "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
>
>> Is the module located in the App_Code folder ?
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi. I'm trying to create a Public Module in a VB.NET/ASP.NET
>> > application.
>> > When coding the module I don't get real-time error
>> > checking/intellisense from
>> > Visual Studio. Basically I can type whatever I want into the module,
>> > and VS
>> > doesn't error check it or anything.
>> >
>> > Error checking & intellisense work for everything else in the project
>> > including code-behind files and other classes.
>> >
>> > Why doesn't VS provide error checking/intellisense for VB.NET Modules?
>> > Thanks

Monty

If you right-click on the module in the solution explorer and click
"properties", is the "Build Action" property set to "Compile"?