Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > gridview, paging and row count

gridview, paging and row count

DaveyP

I've got a gridview bound to an SqlDataSource, with a a page size of
20 rows. Great, no worries! The users decided they wanted a total rows
returned count, and that's where the fun(?) started.

Normally, I'd just set up a counter on the OnrowDataBound event, or
I'd look at gridview.rows.count, but all they return now, is the
number of rows on that particular page - ie 20.

Now call me a whinger, but I already knew that. After all, I blo*dy
well set it.

So, my question is, what's an easy way of finding out how many rows in
the dataset (and no, I'm not prepared to query the database again to
get a total).

Cheers.