Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Geospatial Annotation Project

Geospatial Annotation Project

Tony McLaughlin

This is my first post to this ng, please bare with me if the topic is not
germaine.

I represent a group of investors seeking input, developer participation and
open source collaboration on a geospatial annotation social bookmarking
application. Our project aims to develop a web app that allows users to
bookmark locations with multi-media (text, pictures, sound, clips) for
sharing and community building. Uses include private, community and social
networking, and commercial.

The spec is for an embed J2ME app in users mobile device to identify
location (JSR 179, triangulation, etc.) and a web platform that reads
positioning from the mobile app, or users may enter positions manually and
forego the mobile app (address, lat / long, etc.). Both web based and mobile
web platform.

Think convergence of YouTube with wikipedia (ala "what I know about here is.
.. . "), LBS, Friendster, geoblogging, and del.icio.us. Whatever you like
about a place, bookmark it and add notation. Bookmark yourself as a
travelling spot on the map, and tag yourself up and down. Connect with
people based on tags. Need a date in your area of Sticksville? Drive to a
new city and find the top rated pizza place, who died where, who is single,
what local book club meets where, etc. etc. etc. Walk to your corner and
search for "taxi cab" and have the nearest one pick you up. Form a private
club for your friends ala Dodgeball.com and let everyone know where to meet
you. Talk about that new doggie park with the cute chics and where it's
located. A virtual signpost with annotation for any tag you can imagine, the
community builds and shapes the site.

We are looking for input, collab, open source developers. I am the cash guy
and principal, and willing to give "sweat equity" to hardcore developers
with vision. We have a bootstrap budget, and connects with a biz angel who
knows the product will work, but the devil is in the details. This is a no
brainer, but requires a community effort.

Could use feedback and open source participation, dialogue, a list of folks
to sign up for the prototype release (6 months) and testing, UI experts, GPS
/ GIS experts, telecom engineers, mappers, Flash artists, LAMP jockeys, Java
jockeys, DotNet jockeys, visionaries at home in your P.J.'s.

You can respond via this post or email my team here:

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

--
Tony McLaughlin

geospatial python and how to convert multilinestrings to kml Danny Shevitz Python 0 03-03-2009 10:20 PM
Geospatial Annotation Project Tony McLaughlin ASP .Net Mobile 0 06-14-2007 09:32 PM
REQ: Java software/code for mapping, map projections, geospatial analysis, etc. !!! TIA !!! Steve Java 3 12-13-2005 10:41 PM
Back Annotation simulations rajan VHDL 4 08-10-2004 07:57 AM
back-annotation SDF Timing Simulation Chao VHDL 1 05-06-2004 05:23 PM

Advertisments