Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Streaming audio from server in real time

Streaming audio from server in real time

Chris

Hi,

Can anyone point me to info on how to stream audio from a web server in more
or less real time (i.e. exact synchronization is not an issue but it would
be nice if the stream was no more than a few seconds behind the source). If
I'm running a .NET server, what needs to be installed on the server end to
take an audio input from sound hardware on the server and make it available
on the site? Can this be done with standard stuff or do I need third-party
software?

Thanks!

clintonG

Submit Windows Media Server as a web search term

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com