Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows license details - how to change :-(

windows license details - how to change :-(

Ghostrider

dave thomas wrote:

> just had another look and what im trying to do i spose is.......if you open
> powerpoint/word/excel etc, and then click help and 'about
> powerpoint'............it says 'licensed to big cock'.
>
> now if any of you clever chaps can change the 'licensed to...' value on your
> pc's then please let me know how its done
>
> thanks a lot

Try this:

Take the last 5 digits of the Office ProductID taken from the Help>>About
dialog box. Run Regedit and do a Edit>>Find for these same 5 digits. It
should open the key to the installation information for Office. In the
right pane, change the value for RegOwner by double-clicking on it; edit
the string. This should take care of the Registered Owner for PowerPoint
and all of the other Office products that had been installed.

dave thomas

thanks a lot for your advice. tried that actually and the weird thing
is.........its already down as 'vicky' for the regd owner! yet still comes
up with er....big cock on opening powerpoint

looks like registered is all 'vicky' but there must be a licensed bit i cant
find somewhere. theres no more instances of big cock left in the registry
cos ive done a search on it now. so how it gets theres a mystery!

pennywise, it comes up with that before the files opened. so its not
embedded in it.

cheers

"Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> dave thomas wrote:
>
>> just had another look and what im trying to do i spose is.......if you
>> open powerpoint/word/excel etc, and then click help and 'about
>> powerpoint'............it says 'licensed to big cock'.
>>
>> now if any of you clever chaps can change the 'licensed to...' value on
>> your pc's then please let me know how its done
>>
>> thanks a lot
>>

> Try this:
>
> Take the last 5 digits of the Office ProductID taken from the Help>>About
> dialog box. Run Regedit and do a Edit>>Find for these same 5 digits. It
> should open the key to the installation information for Office. In the
> right pane, change the value for RegOwner by double-clicking on it; edit
> the string. This should take care of the Registered Owner for PowerPoint
> and all of the other Office products that had been installed.

Michel

Hi there,

Did you try?

Open powerpoint, go to tools chosse options than go to registerd owner and
change to Vicky.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"dave thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%Goci.4457$(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks a lot for your advice. tried that actually and the weird
> thing is.........its already down as 'vicky' for the regd owner! yet
> still comes up with er....big cock on opening powerpoint
>
> looks like registered is all 'vicky' but there must be a licensed bit i
> cant find somewhere. theres no more instances of big cock left in the
> registry cos ive done a search on it now. so how it gets theres a
> mystery!
>
> pennywise, it comes up with that before the files opened. so its not
> embedded in it.
>
> cheers
>

> "Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> dave thomas wrote:
>>
>>> just had another look and what im trying to do i spose is.......if you
>>> open powerpoint/word/excel etc, and then click help and 'about
>>> powerpoint'............it says 'licensed to big cock'.
>>>
>>> now if any of you clever chaps can change the 'licensed to...' value on
>>> your pc's then please let me know how its done
>>>
>>> thanks a lot
>>>

>> Try this:
>>
>> Take the last 5 digits of the Office ProductID taken from the Help>>About
>> dialog box. Run Regedit and do a Edit>>Find for these same 5 digits. It
>> should open the key to the installation information for Office. In the
>> right pane, change the value for RegOwner by double-clicking on it; edit
>> the string. This should take care of the Registered Owner for PowerPoint
>> and all of the other Office products that had been installed.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

dave thomas wrote:
> thanks a lot for your advice. tried that actually and the weird thing
> is.........its already down as 'vicky' for the regd owner! yet still comes
> up with er....big cock on opening powerpoint
>
> looks like registered is all 'vicky' but there must be a licensed bit i cant
> find somewhere. theres no more instances of big cock left in the registry
> cos ive done a search on it now. so how it gets theres a mystery!
>
> pennywise, it comes up with that before the files opened. so its not
> embedded in it.

It occurred to me that since you've now removed the offending name from
the registry, it might be worth a try to now uninstall and then
reinstall office, perhaps it'll pick up the desired name now.

DemoDisk

"dave thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zPfci.4392$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ok mate, its licensed to big cock
>
> could that help any tho :-/

Could really spice up a Powerpoint presentation! I don't see what the
problem is.

jk

dave thomas

roger, that sounded the best, most sensible bit of advice yet, so i did
it............and nothing

now michel on the other hand. i thought no way will that work as its not
tucked deep enough away. you cant just change it in there and itll work.
but...............nothing to lose, and..........it worked!!!!!!!

so all ok now.

thanks a lot to you all for your help.

cheers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

dave thomas wrote:
> roger, that sounded the best, most sensible bit of advice yet, so i did
> it............and nothing
>
> now michel on the other hand. i thought no way will that work as its not
> tucked deep enough away. you cant just change it in there and itll work.
> but...............nothing to lose, and..........it worked!!!!!!!

Glad you got it sorted.