Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows license details - how to change :-(

windows license details - how to change :-(

dave thomas

ive transferred regedit over to laptop, and did a 'find'. found loads of
cases of ****** and changed them all to 'vicky'

and i cant believe its still coming up when i open powerpoint!!!!!! did
another search on ***** and theres no cases of it in registry. yet it still
comes up with it!!!!!

powered down, then back up, and its STILL saying licensed to ******

will that other prog thats been recommended here fix that? you say newbies
shouldnt useit?

is it a bit more technical than regedit?

thanks a lot

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> http://www.kwakkelflap.com/regxplor.html
> Download and install that program.
>
> Once it's installed, run "Registry" from your desktop, then copy and
> paste "Registry\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi ndows NT
> \CurrentVersion" into the address bar (no quotes).
>
> Scroll down to the bottom and locate "RegisteredOwner" then right
> click and edit.

Stephan.R.Fowler@gmail.com

Have you tried Magic Jelly Bean? I believe it can change that
information.

Here's what Microsoft had to say for Office 2003

And for Office XP:

dave thomas

yup, tried jelly bean and it just changed anything that said 'registered
to'. didnt affect 'licensed to'

but thanks anyway

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Have you tried Magic Jelly Bean? I believe it can change that
> information.
>
> Here's what Microsoft had to say for Office 2003
>
> And for Office XP:

John Holmes

dave thomas "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> http://www.kwakkelflap.com/regxplor.html
>> Download and install that program.
>>
>> Once it's installed, run "Registry" from your desktop, then copy and
>> paste "Registry\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi ndows NT
>> \CurrentVersion" into the address bar (no quotes).
>>
>> Scroll down to the bottom and locate "RegisteredOwner" then right
>> click and edit.
>>

> ive transferred regedit over to laptop, and did a 'find'. found loads
> of cases of ****** and changed them all to 'vicky'
>
> and i cant believe its still coming up when i open powerpoint!!!!!!
> did another search on ***** and theres no cases of it in registry.
> yet it still comes up with it!!!!!
>
> powered down, then back up, and its STILL saying licensed to ******
>
> will that other prog thats been recommended here fix that? you say
> newbies shouldnt useit?
>
> is it a bit more technical than regedit?
>
> thanks a lot

We might be of any more help if you tell us what exactly is behind
******? It's OK to mention that in this froup. There are mo minors here.
(Evan Platt is, but he's also addicted to crack, as he admitted some time
ago...)

--
Your mother was an epileptic ice-cream seller who paraded herself naked
in a rubber-walled room.

dave thomas

ok mate, its licensed to big cock

could that help any tho :-/

thanks
"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nl...
> dave thomas "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> http://www.kwakkelflap.com/regxplor.html
>>> Download and install that program.
>>>
>>> Once it's installed, run "Registry" from your desktop, then copy and
>>> paste "Registry\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi ndows NT
>>> \CurrentVersion" into the address bar (no quotes).
>>>
>>> Scroll down to the bottom and locate "RegisteredOwner" then right
>>> click and edit.
>>>

>> ive transferred regedit over to laptop, and did a 'find'. found loads
>> of cases of ****** and changed them all to 'vicky'
>>
>> and i cant believe its still coming up when i open powerpoint!!!!!!
>> did another search on ***** and theres no cases of it in registry.
>> yet it still comes up with it!!!!!
>>
>> powered down, then back up, and its STILL saying licensed to ******
>>
>> will that other prog thats been recommended here fix that? you say
>> newbies shouldnt useit?
>>
>> is it a bit more technical than regedit?
>>
>> thanks a lot

> We might be of any more help if you tell us what exactly is behind
> ******? It's OK to mention that in this froup. There are mo minors here.
> (Evan Platt is, but he's also addicted to crack, as he admitted some time
> ago...)
>
> --
> Your mother was an epileptic ice-cream seller who paraded herself naked
> in a rubber-walled room.

Aardvark

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:30:55 +0000, dave thomas wrote:

> ok mate, its licensed to big cock

John Holmes should know all about THAT

> could that help any tho :-/

Well now I've had a chuckle. That always helps

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

the other English teams put together

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"dave thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>a friends ex installed her windows xp for her, and used a rude name as the
>license holder. now she needs to do a powerpoint presentation to her
>bosses, and when powerpoint loads, it says licensed to *******

The user name could be hardwired into the powerpoint Presentation.
--

Caught by the camera...
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52qjv51

dave thomas

just had another look and what im trying to do i spose is.......if you open
powerpoint/word/excel etc, and then click help and 'about
powerpoint'............it says 'licensed to big cock'.

now if any of you clever chaps can change the 'licensed to...' value on your
pc's then please let me know how its done

PSML

--
Your mother was a frantic offender who paraded herself nude on a canal
boat.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"dave thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>just had another look and what im trying to do i spose is.......if you open
>powerpoint/word/excel etc, and then click help and 'about
>powerpoint'............it says 'licensed to big cock'.
>
>now if any of you clever chaps can change the 'licensed to...' value on your
>pc's then please let me know how its done

Open Office does Powerpoint
http://www.openoffice.org/

But the user info might be hardwired into the PP file itself, I've
never created a PP, but a word doc has all your user info hardwired
into it.

Recreate it or use a hex editor and edit the info in the PP file
itself.