Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Boot ROM chip required to upgrade both a Cisco 2610 and a Cisco 2620 router to support 32 megs+ flash and more than 64 megs RAM

Boot ROM chip required to upgrade both a Cisco 2610 and a Cisco 2620 router to support 32 megs+ flash and more than 64 megs RAM

Mike Rahl

Hi, all

Could anyone tell me what I need to order, and the best place to order
the boot ROM chips required to upgrade a Cisco 2610 and a Cisco 2620
router to XM functionality? I'm using 1 of each in my lab, but don't
know what is the latest revision of the boot rom, nor the best place
to purchase it

Thanks!

Doug McIntyre

Mike Rahl <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Could anyone tell me what I need to order, and the best place to order
>the boot ROM chips required to upgrade a Cisco 2610 and a Cisco 2620
>router to XM functionality? I'm using 1 of each in my lab, but don't
>know what is the latest revision of the boot rom, nor the best place
>to purchase it

You need to order the part cisco2620xm.

eBay should have a bunch.

There is no way to update the boot ROM to get past the memory
controller limitations on the ancient boxes.

The only boot ROM upgrade available is on existing XM boxes to take
the limit from 128M up to 256M of DRAM on the 26??XM boxes, but you
have to already have the XM router model in the first place.

You're stuck with the older non XM boxes, you can only get a new router.

c for web development: well does anyone do it and save 1000's of megs ram? quiet_lad C Programming 2 06-28-2012 10:01 PM
Cisco 2620 Router IOS Upgrade Corbin O'Reilly Cisco 10 09-05-2007 07:47 PM
Correct IOS for 2610 & 2620 ADSL WIC support Watt Cisco 0 10-13-2005 01:29 PM
2620 Max Ram Upgrade Apo Cisco 1 06-25-2005 04:03 AM
Re: 3-chip really better than 1-chip cams? Bigguy Digital Photography 7 02-05-2005 01:07 PM

Advertisments