Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Installing x64 Vista on Vistual PC 2007 with host Vista x64

Installing x64 Vista on Vistual PC 2007 with host Vista x64

=?Utf-8?B?cnBnX2NvZGVfbWFzdGVy?=

Hello

I am trying to install an x64 Vista on Virtual PC 2007 with an x64 Vista as
host. When the installer finishes loading the files, it says that it cannot
continue because '\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe' cannot start because my
CPU is not 64-bit.

Although my CPU is x64 because I am running a x64 Vista. Am I missing a
setting on Vistual PC 2007 or am I doing somthing wrong?

Thank you all very much for your time,
Richard Hughes

Charlie Russel - MVP

Virtual PC does not support x64 guests. Sorry. No Microsoft virtualization
software currently available supports 64-bit guests. Your only real option
at this point is VMWare.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"rpg_code_master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I am trying to install an x64 Vista on Virtual PC 2007 with an x64 Vista
> as
> host. When the installer finishes loading the files, it says that it
> cannot
> continue because '\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe' cannot start because
> my
> CPU is not 64-bit.
>
> Although my CPU is x64 because I am running a x64 Vista. Am I missing a
> setting on Vistual PC 2007 or am I doing somthing wrong?
>
> Thank you all very much for your time,
> Richard Hughes

Skybuck Flying

You could try installing 32 bit Vista, that should work...

Bye,
Skybuck.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Virtual PC does not support x64 guests. Sorry. No Microsoft virtualization
> software currently available supports 64-bit guests. Your only real option
> at this point is VMWare.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>
> "rpg_code_master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello
>>
>> I am trying to install an x64 Vista on Virtual PC 2007 with an x64 Vista
>> as
>> host. When the installer finishes loading the files, it says that it
>> cannot
>> continue because '\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe' cannot start
>> because my
>> CPU is not 64-bit.
>>
>> Although my CPU is x64 because I am running a x64 Vista. Am I missing a
>> setting on Vistual PC 2007 or am I doing somthing wrong?
>>
>> Thank you all very much for your time,
>> Richard Hughes

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes, you could. But that was not what the OP wanted to do.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f4ri5p$2sm$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> You could try installing 32 bit Vista, that should work...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Virtual PC does not support x64 guests. Sorry. No Microsoft
>> virtualization software currently available supports 64-bit guests. Your
>> only real option at this point is VMWare.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>>
>> "rpg_code_master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I am trying to install an x64 Vista on Virtual PC 2007 with an x64 Vista
>>> as
>>> host. When the installer finishes loading the files, it says that it
>>> cannot
>>> continue because '\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe' cannot start
>>> because my
>>> CPU is not 64-bit.
>>>
>>> Although my CPU is x64 because I am running a x64 Vista. Am I missing a
>>> setting on Vistual PC 2007 or am I doing somthing wrong?
>>>
>>> Thank you all very much for your time,
>>> Richard Hughes

Skybuck Flying

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, you could. But that was not what the OP wanted to do.

Maybe, maybe not.

To me it seems he just wants to run vista under a virtual pc

Bye,
Skybuck.

Homer J. Simpson

>> Yes, you could. But that was not what the OP wanted to do.
>
> Maybe, maybe not.
>
> To me it seems he just wants to run vista under a virtual pc

Which part of the OP's message leads you to believe that?

Skybuck Flying

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Yes, you could. But that was not what the OP wanted to do.

>> Maybe, maybe not.
>>
>> To me it seems he just wants to run vista under a virtual pc

> Which part of the OP's message leads you to believe that?

It's not based on the post.

It's based on natural thinking... he has 64 bit processor, so one would
naturally try to install the x64 edition.. but since that can't work yet...
try the 32 bit edition

Bye,
Skybuck.