Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > modelsim 6.3 license

modelsim 6.3 license

Clunixchit

hello there,
i'm installing during my internship modelsim 6.3 on some machines of
my company.

however on a perfect legal license, modelsim refuse to detect the
license.

this is how i did on fedora 7, after the installation,

[root@goorah linuxle]# export LM_LICENSE_FILE="/opt/modelsim/
modeltech/
license.dat"
[root@goorah linuxle]# ../bin/vsim

Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment
variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE)
is set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem.
Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.
** Fatal: Invalid license environment. Application closing.

[root@goorah linuxle]# lmutil lmdiag
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2005 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or
Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
FLEXlm diagnostics on Wed 6/13/2007 22:19

License file: /opt/modelsim/modeltech/license.dat
"hdldesignerpro" v2010.05, vendor: modeltech
uncounted nodelocked license, locked to ethernet address
"000ae44aa899" starts: 6-feb-2005, expires: 01-jan-2010

This is the correct node for this node-locked license

Enter <CR> to continue:
[....]

then i press enter to continue with the other modules, without seeing
errors on the terminal.

can anyone tell me what/where i'm doing wrong ?

Chitlesh

HT-Lab

"Clunixchit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hello there,
> i'm installing during my internship modelsim 6.3 on some machines of
> my company.
>
> however on a perfect legal license, modelsim refuse to detect the
> license.
>
> this is how i did on fedora 7, after the installation,
>
> [root@goorah linuxle]# export LM_LICENSE_FILE="/opt/modelsim/
> modeltech/
> license.dat"
> [root@goorah linuxle]# ../bin/vsim
>
> Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment
> variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE)
> is set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem.
> Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.
> ** Fatal: Invalid license environment. Application closing.
>
> [root@goorah linuxle]# lmutil lmdiag
> lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2005 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or
> Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
> FLEXlm diagnostics on Wed 6/13/2007 22:19

> License file: /opt/modelsim/modeltech/license.dat
> "hdldesignerpro" v2010.05, vendor: modeltech
> uncounted nodelocked license, locked to ethernet address
> "000ae44aa899" starts: 6-feb-2005, expires: 01-jan-2010

This is an "interesting" license, a) it is for HDL Designer and not for
Modelsim, b) the modeltech daemon is wrong and too old for Modelsim 6.3, c)
the expire date is too far in the future (unless this is an archive
license...) d) as far as I know Mentor doesn't provide any MAC based
node-locked license under Linux, only floating is supported (at least that
is what I was told when I asked them),

Are you sure this is a "perfectly legal license".......

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

> This is the correct node for this node-locked license
>
> Enter <CR> to continue:
> [....]
>
> then i press enter to continue with the other modules, without seeing
> errors on the terminal.
>
> can anyone tell me what/where i'm doing wrong ?
>
> Chitlesh

Kim Enkovaara

Clunixchit wrote:
> i'm installing during my internship modelsim 6.3 on some machines of
> my company.
>
> however on a perfect legal license, modelsim refuse to detect the
> license.
> License file: /opt/modelsim/modeltech/license.dat
> "hdldesignerpro" v2010.05, vendor: modeltech
> uncounted nodelocked license, locked to ethernet address
> "000ae44aa899" starts: 6-feb-2005, expires: 01-jan-2010
>
> This is the correct node for this node-locked license

At least that is incorrect license for modelsim. That row is
for hdl designer, not for modelsim. If you have the
correct modelsim license then also check that your DISPLAY
variable is not over 32 characters long, if it is the
license manager will not work. You can fix the DISPLAY by
using the numeric IP-address.

--Kim

Clunixchit

On Jun 14, 10:50 am, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Are you sure this is a "perfectly legal license".......

At least it was what the technician told me.

HT-Lab

"Clunixchit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jun 14, 10:50 am, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Are you sure this is a "perfectly legal license".......

> At least it was what the technician told me.

If you can dual boot to Windows then get one of these,

http://www.model.com/resources/stude...t_download.asp

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

=?iso-8859-1?B?RWRtb25kIENvdOk=?=

On Jun 14, 5:38 am, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On Jun 14, 10:50 am, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Are you sure this is a "perfectly legal license".......

> > At least it was what the technician told me.

> If you can dual boot to Windows then get one of these,
>
> http://www.model.com/resources/stude...t_download.asp

Somehow, I'm not sure running the student edition of ModelSim on
"company" computers qualifies as a legal license. And, of course, if
it was a perfectly legit license, why not log onto SupportNet and ask
a FAE

-- Edmond Coté

Mike Treseler

HT-Lab wrote:

> as far as I know Mentor doesn't provide any MAC based
> node-locked license under Linux, only floating is supported

Yes.
All of the "low cost" licenses are windows only.

-- Mike Treseler

Thomas Stanka

On 14 Jun., 10:27, Clunixchit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> however on a perfect legal license, modelsim refuse to detect the
> license.

Which version of LM are you running? If I rember right you need a
rather new version for the newest Modelsim.

bye Thomas