Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN Tunnel question

VPN Tunnel question

Holz

Hi all

I am new to this groups/Cisco devices and looking for some guidelines in
the following area.
I need to create a VPN tunnel between two concentrators, one in LA one in
Minneapolis. My network has
515E pix
DMZ
concentrator 3000
I need to NAT specific requests from my network to the remote network, So
if someone is trying to resolve 165.63.x.x I want them to reach
10.xxx.xxx.x on the other end via the VPN @ 198.xxx.xx.x
The other side is already set as other partners can already browse,
however they a different config than mine. I hope I explained my self
properly. The purpose is to be able to browse the parent company Intranet.
I would appreciate a reference to good doc. I have most of it set up,
however some addresses do not resolve and I am trying to find out why.

--
TIA

The next version of Windows? Windows piñata
Piñatas are made from easily breakable materials.
a bright container generally suspended on a rope from
a tree branch or ceiling that is filled with candy and toys
and is used during celebrations.
A succession of blindfolded, stick-wielding
children and some fun-loving adults
will try to break the piñata in order
to collect the candy
(traditionally fruit, such as sugarcane) inside of it.

ScottyC

On Jun 14, 3:00 am, Holz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am new to this groups/Cisco devices and looking for some guidelines in
> the following area.
> I need to create a VPN tunnel between two concentrators, one in LA one in
> Minneapolis. My network has
> 515E pix
> DMZ
> concentrator 3000
> I need to NAT specific requests from my network to the remote network, So
> if someone is trying to resolve 165.63.x.x I want them to reach
> 10.xxx.xxx.x on the other end via the VPN @ 198.xxx.xx.x
> The other side is already set as other partners can already browse,
> however they a different config than mine. I hope I explained my self
> properly. The purpose is to be able to browse the parent company Intranet.
> I would appreciate a reference to good doc. I have most of it set up,
> however some addresses do not resolve and I am trying to find out why.
>
> --
> TIA

Hi Holz,

Some addresses dont resolve? I assume this means your tunnel is up and
working. Any chance you could psot the config for both ends of the
tunnel? Could you also give some detail as to what is and is not
resolving, specifically?

Cheers
Scotty C.

Holz

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:52:01 -0700, ScottyC wrote:

> Could you also give some detail as to what is and is not
> resolving, specifically?

Scotty

Thanks for replying, I will put it all in a pdf with a link, since I got
some snapshots.

--
TIA

The next version of Windows? Windows piñata
Piñatas are made from easily breakable materials. a bright container generally
suspended on a rope from a tree branch or ceiling that is filled with candy
and toys and is used during celebrations. A succession of blindfolded,
stick-wielding children and some fun-loving adults will try to break the
piñata in order to collect the candy inside of it.

Holz

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:52:01 -0700, ScottyC wrote:

> Could you also give some detail as to what is and is not

On hold. We realized that some packets are routed from the pix to the vpn,
and some not.
so we try to browse 165.75.1x.8 and can see the tunnel coming up
then we try 165.75.2x.4, and the packet is not even going to the tunnel
the pix rule says 165.75.0.0 to 10.0.1.10 which is the vpn internal
address.
Can I go home now?

--
The next version of Windows? Windows piñata
Piñatas are made from easily breakable materials. a bright container
surrounded by blindfolded children breaking the
piñata in order to collect the candy inside of it.