Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > In Rack -48V DC Rectifiers

Reply
Thread Tools

In Rack -48V DC Rectifiers

 
 
rjhintz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2007
Any recommendations for in rack rectifiers to supply -48V DC in the
25A to 50A range? I know about Emerson/Lorain and Unipower-Corp.

It would be helpful if they had these characteristics:
--19" rack compatible
--hot swap modules
--remote monitoring capable
--easy to get maintenance contract in, at least, urban areas and parts
readily available
--1 or 2 RU

Thanks.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Doug McIntyre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2007
rjhintz <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Any recommendations for in rack rectifiers to supply -48V DC in the
>25A to 50A range? I know about Emerson/Lorain and Unipower-Corp.


>It would be helpful if they had these characteristics:
>--19" rack compatible
>--hot swap modules
>--remote monitoring capable
>--easy to get maintenance contract in, at least, urban areas and parts
>readily available
>--1 or 2 RU


APC makes some DC power stuff that I've liked.

I don't think you're going to get 50A in 2U of space though. The
others I have are 5A in 1U, 10A in 2U/3U.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
rjhintz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2007
On Jun 13, 4:39 pm, Doug McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
....
> I don't think you're going to get 50A in 2U of space though. The
> others I have are 5A in 1U, 10A in 2U/3U.


Thanks for the lead on APC.

Unipower model TRSI7000 claims 52.1A at 48V in a 2U form factor.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Joop van der Velden
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2007
Rjhintz wrote:
> Any recommendations for in rack rectifiers to supply -48V DC in the
> 25A to 50A range? I know about Emerson/Lorain and Unipower-Corp.
>
> It would be helpful if they had these characteristics:
> --19" rack compatible
> --hot swap modules
> --remote monitoring capable
> --easy to get maintenance contract in, at least, urban areas and parts
> readily available
> --1 or 2 RU


Tyco seems to meet most of your needs. Take a look at their
CPL platform.

http://www.power.tycoelectronics.com/

--
Joop van der Velden - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)


 
Reply With Quote
 
Joop van der Velden
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2007
Doug McIntyre wrote:

> I don't think you're going to get 50A in 2U of space though. The
> others I have are 5A in 1U, 10A in 2U/3U.


If i read the specs correctly. Tyco can output up to 200A @ 50V in
a 1U rack space.

--
Joop van der Velden - (E-Mail Removed)


 
Reply With Quote
 
MC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2007
Joop van der Velden wrote:
> Rjhintz wrote:
>> Any recommendations for in rack rectifiers to supply -48V DC in the
>> 25A to 50A range? I know about Emerson/Lorain and Unipower-Corp.
>>
>> It would be helpful if they had these characteristics:
>> --19" rack compatible
>> --hot swap modules
>> --remote monitoring capable
>> --easy to get maintenance contract in, at least, urban areas and parts
>> readily available
>> --1 or 2 RU

>
> Tyco seems to meet most of your needs. Take a look at their
> CPL platform.
>
> http://www.power.tycoelectronics.com/
>

be carefull when utilizing rectifiers, some are designed to be operated
when connected to batteries, if utilizing battery then output may not be
as clean.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6500 rack ear screws? Steve S. Cisco 1 02-13-2004 05:29 AM
Free Rack Time & Practice Tests Jay Greenberg Cisco 0 01-26-2004 01:46 PM
Cat 65xx rack mount vs shelf Lester Cisco 2 12-06-2003 09:44 PM
Rack Time PremiumPackets Cisco 2 12-03-2003 03:07 AM
[OT]Software design for rack Pisinho Cisco 1 11-02-2003 02:43 AM



Advertisments