Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module

chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module

Janice

Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
"chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for
this does not give me what I want. I am looking for a panel that will fit in
the front of my computer so that I can plug my headphone and mic into it.
Obviously I am using the wrong terms in my search. So what should I be
searching for?
Thanks, Janice

MJP

"Janice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ksZbi.144147$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
> microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
> "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for
> this does not give me what I want. I am looking for a panel that will fit
> in the front of my computer so that I can plug my headphone and mic into
> it. Obviously I am using the wrong terms in my search. So what should I be
> searching for?
> Thanks, Janice

Try searching for breakout box.

MJP

lee houston

"Janice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ksZbi.144147$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
> microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
> "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for

A google of sound+card+extension+panel took me to (among others):

http://www.frontx.com/

Call these folks for their recommendation. The panel mounts in
an unused drive slot on a tower pc.

A *much* cheaper solution is
to buy short extension cables for to make your rear connectors available
at the front of your computer. They'll have male connectors on one end
and female connectors on the other.

lee

Meat Plow

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:37:20 +0000, Janice wrote:

> Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
> microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
> "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for
> this does not give me what I want. I am looking for a panel that will fit in
> the front of my computer so that I can plug my headphone and mic into it.
> Obviously I am using the wrong terms in my search. So what should I be
> searching for?
> Thanks, Janice

Some add on sound cards have a front panel mounting breakout box. Maybe
the Soundblaster Audigy something or other? Google it.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

SgtMinor

Janice wrote:
> Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
> microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
> "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for
> this does not give me what I want. I am looking for a panel that will fit in
> the front of my computer so that I can plug my headphone and mic into it.
> Obviously I am using the wrong terms in my search. So what should I be
> searching for?
> Thanks, Janice

Blinky the Shark

lee houston wrote:

> "Janice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ksZbi.144147$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
>> microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
>> "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for

> A google of sound+card+extension+panel took me to (among others):
>
> http://www.frontx.com/
>
> Call these folks for their recommendation. The panel mounts in
> an unused drive slot on a tower pc.

I've customized two of their their front-panel drive-bay modules for use
here. It's a great system. I highly recommend it.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups