Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > RE: Best dual-core processor

RE: Best dual-core processor

eoinoshe@gmail.com

I run AutoCAD all day for work purposes and usually have something
else running (usually audio/video editing/converting) in background. I
usually have to set the other application on low priority else autocad
is chronic slow. Sometimes i will also be gaming (but not heavy i.e.
nothing like doom!) while converting. What is the best dual-core
processor available for this sort of environment. At around 100
price. I have seen intel pentium d packages at good prices but have
heard that they are not very efficient and that amd is better. Have
tried searching internet for advice but confusing for non-i.t.
professionals. Can anyone help!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> I run AutoCAD all day for work purposes and usually have something
> else running (usually audio/video editing/converting) in background. I
> usually have to set the other application on low priority else autocad
> is chronic slow. Sometimes i will also be gaming (but not heavy i.e.
> nothing like doom!) while converting. What is the best dual-core
> processor available for this sort of environment. At around 100
> price. I have seen intel pentium d packages at good prices but have
> heard that they are not very efficient and that amd is better. Have
> tried searching internet for advice but confusing for non-i.t.
> professionals. Can anyone help!

You don't need dual-core, you need two separate computers. Believe me, I
keep two running all the time. And one of them is a high-end dual core
computer.

Daniel

eoinoshe wrote:
> I run AutoCAD all day for work purposes and usually have something
> else running (usually audio/video editing/converting) in background. I
> usually have to set the other application on low priority else autocad
> is chronic slow. Sometimes i will also be gaming (but not heavy i.e.
> nothing like doom!) while converting. What is the best dual-core
> processor available for this sort of environment. At around 100
> price. I have seen intel pentium d packages at good prices but have
> heard that they are not very efficient and that amd is better. Have
> tried searching internet for advice but confusing for non-i.t.
> professionals. Can anyone help!

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 1.86GHz Socket 775

http://tinyurl.com/2palss

eoinoshe@gmail.com

On 13 Jun, 23:44, Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> eoinoshe wrote:
> > I run AutoCAD all day for work purposes and usually have something
> > else running (usually audio/video editing/converting) in background. I
> > usually have to set the other application on low priority else autocad
> > is chronic slow. Sometimes i will also be gaming (but not heavy i.e.
> > nothing like doom!) while converting. What is the bestdual-core
> > processor available for this sort of environment. At around 100
> > price. I have seen intel pentium d packages at good prices but have
> > heard that they are not very efficient and that amd is better. Have
> > tried searching internet for advice but confusing for non-i.t.
> > professionals. Can anyone help!

> http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html
>
> IntelCore2 Duo E6320 1.86GHz Socket 775
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2palss