Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is your favourite newsreader?

What is your favourite newsreader?

Boaby

Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on the
internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as
it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader be similar to
Forte Agent capabilities.

Thanks,

Boaby

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Boaby wrote:
> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on
> the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows
> Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader
> be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.

I use Thunderbird for text groups, XNews for binaries. Agent is also
very good, but it's not free. There *is* Free Agent, but doesn't have
the same functionality.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:05:14 +0000, wrote:

> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on the
> internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as
> it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader be similar to
> Forte Agent capabilities.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Boaby

PAN

http://pan.rebelbase.com/
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Boaby wrote:

> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download
> on the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using
> Windows Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free
> newsreader be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.

http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#newsreaders

Note that 40tude Dialog is at the top of the list. It will do anything
any normal or advanced user would want to do, for text, binaries,
various flavors of encoding, and so on.

--
-bts

Bucky Breeder

"Boaby" wrote in
news:_AUbi.142710$(E-Mail Removed) .uk:

> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that
> exist to download on the internet? I am looking to try
> alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as it has
> limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader
> be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.
>
> Thanks, > > Boaby >

OE, and it comes with Windows for free.

People only pick on it because they like it a lot.

--

Stock tip: Corn-dog Flavored Popcicles

http://www.misternicehands.com/

(Click on either hand...)

Leythos

In article <_AUbi.142710$(E-Mail Removed)> , "Boaby"
<(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on the
> internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as
> it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader be similar to
> Forte Agent capabilities.

Since you're on Windows, the best, tried and true, free, simple, no
malware, is Super Gravity. While old, it's the most reliable, easy to
thread, can download mime, and is 100% Usenet compliant.

http://gravity.tbates.org/

and put on his website: http://www.futurehardware.in/595578-2.htm all
exposed to children (the link I've include does not directly display his
filth). You can find the same information by googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and
'exposed to kids'.

Gordon

"Bucky Breeder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:Xns994E74DB02238DRiVEBYESLY@216.151.153.41...

> it comes with Windows for free.

[Rant mode on] - no it doesn't - it is either FREE or you get it FOR
NOTHING - "for free" is meaningless.....[Rant mode off]

Evan Platt

On 13 Jun 2007 16:34:26 GMT, Bucky Breeder
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>OE, and it comes with Windows for free.
>
>People only pick on it because they like it a lot.

One of my favorite sigs:

"Using Outlook Express is the moral equivalent of
putting on spike heels, fishnets, and a bustier, walking down to the
corner of Virus St and Trojan Ave, and shouting 'Hello, Sailor!'.

Whiskers

On 2007-06-13, Boaby <> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on the
> internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as
> it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader be similar to
> Forte Agent capabilities.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Boaby

Slrn. But that doesn't mean that you will like it, or even be able to
make it run.

See <http://www.newsreaders.com/> for more about what programs are
available for your operating system. Most are free for personal use. See
also the newsgroup news.software.readers )

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

sittingduck

Boaby wrote:

> I would like the free newsreader be similar to
> Forte Agent capabilities.

The closest thing to Agent, is probably OE. Most agree that they BOTH suck
huge donkey balls though.

If you want a newsreader that will provide hours and hours of enjoyment and
learning, and also excellent functionality, get Xnews.
http://Xnews.newsguy.com
Download the "Latest" version, extract it, then overwrite the .exe with the
"Test" version.