Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Adding AuthMode registry value

Adding AuthMode registry value

jason.nadeau@gmail.com

I am trying to add the AuthMode string value to my computer registry.
However I am not a registry expert and I am having trouble installing
this correctly.

I am following the windows knowledge base article on installing it but
no luck.

Under the instructions you need to navigate to the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EAPOL\Parame ters\General\Global

location in the registry and in the right hand side you are supposed
to see the AuthMode value box. Which I do not have. I am trying to
decide what kind of registry value to use. Should I use "String",
"Binary", "DWORD"? Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks!