Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Open page in another browser window

Open page in another browser window

JPabich

Here is my dilema. I need to open a new web page from my application,
but instead of using a Response.Redirect, I need to open this in a new
window. Before doing this, I need to validate the page and then
construct the page location to open, adding on the parameters that
need to be tagged on to the http address. Is there any way to do
this?

I need this all within a button click event.

Patrice

The big picture is that you'll have to do this ultimately anyway using
JavaScript. You can only do this client side as the server doesn't have any
idea about client windows (it just respond to an incmoing request).

Now the server page could send the appropriate javascript to client or you
could so something à la AJAX...

---
Patrice

(E-Mail Removed). com...