Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip on Tiscali broadband ?

Voip on Tiscali broadband ?

Brian A

Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.

Nick

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
> on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?
>

> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
>
> Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
> Get your friends to sign too!
> Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
> TV.
> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

Isn't everything negative regarding Tiscali broadband?

Brian A

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:24:29 GMT, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
>> on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?
>>

>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
>>
>> Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
>> Get your friends to sign too!
>> Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
>> TV.
>> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

>Isn't everything negative regarding Tiscali broadband?

You obviously know more than I.
A friend is considering it. They have some good deals atm. I want to
find out about any pitfalls.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.

Graham

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
> on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?
>

> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
>
> Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
> Get your friends to sign too!
> Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
> TV.
> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

I don't usually admit to this publicly, but I am with Tiscali Broadband
Actually I don't have problems with VoIP, I often have two G711
calls going in adition to other stuff, and rarely get problems.

The problem I have had recently with Tiscali, is that the buggers kept
on blocking port 119 in the evenings. They would not give me
an explanation as to why this was happening, nor would they
be drawn on whether or not my account was subject to FUP
restrictions. I only use text Newsgroups, honest.

The Usenet issue *seems* to have been resolved now.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Brian A

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:37:24 +0100, "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
>> on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?
>>

>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
>>
>> Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
>> Get your friends to sign too!
>> Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
>> TV.
>> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

>I don't usually admit to this publicly, but I am with Tiscali Broadband
>Actually I don't have problems with VoIP, I often have two G711
>calls going in adition to other stuff, and rarely get problems.
>
>The problem I have had recently with Tiscali, is that the buggers kept
>on blocking port 119 in the evenings. They would not give me
>an explanation as to why this was happening, nor would they
>be drawn on whether or not my account was subject to FUP
>restrictions. I only use text Newsgroups, honest.
>
>The Usenet issue *seems* to have been resolved now.

Thanks for your comments Graham.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.

Peter Parker

On Jun 13, 10:51 am, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
> on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

No problems this end. Currently using two sip lines on my Tiscali max
service. Works very well.