Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Error Message - No permission to use this network resource -

Error Message - No permission to use this network resource -

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?=

Hi,

I am trying to connect form my notebook to my desktop via a wireless router
....I can conect to the internet but evertime i try to connect to the server I
get the access denied message...i ahve given myself all of the permissions
and rights that I know of ....any help would be apreciated

Thanks

Carey Holzman

What operating system are you connecting from and what operating system are
you connecting to?

Carey

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to connect form my notebook to my desktop via a wireless
> router
> ...I can conect to the internet but evertime i try to connect to the
> server I
> get the access denied message...i ahve given myself all of the permissions
> and rights that I know of ....any help would be apreciated
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

I am having the same exact issue. I have emailed Carey to see what he
suggests.

Here's where I'm at:

1 - wireless router & modem (Motoroala SBG900)
1 desktop connected to router via ethernet win xp home
1 laptop connect via encrypted wireless to router win xp home as well.
Both firewalls disabled.
I have run the wizard countless times, used set up disks etc.

The desktop can see the laptop under the group, but can not access....

The laptop can see the group but cannot see itself or the desktop under the
group.

Both subnet's are the same.

My first priority is to be able to print. I'll worry about sharing files
later. Although logic dictates I fix the printing, I fix the sharing!

I had disabled the firewall on the router, but enabled it as I was totally
open to the internet.

Any ideas or suggestions?

"Peter" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to connect form my notebook to my desktop via a wireless router
> ...I can conect to the internet but evertime i try to connect to the server I
> get the access denied message...i ahve given myself all of the permissions
> and rights that I know of ....any help would be apreciated
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

I haven't tried this myself yet, as I am away from home.

Might try this I found in MS support..let me know if it works. I am puzzled
as well!
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...=1173&sid=1264