Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Leica lens on Panasonic subcompact - any good?

Leica lens on Panasonic subcompact - any good?

Rob Morley

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frank ess
> Rob Morley wrote:
> > In article <dXmei.4551$tB5.4269@edtnps90>, m II
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...

> >> It is NOT used on plurals.
> >>

> > I think maybe you need to recalibrate your irony meter.

> http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

As I said ...

Paul Furman

Frank ess wrote:

> Really
> grates on my nerves, like "differnt than". Ick.

You mean "different then"

Frank ess

Paul Furman wrote:
> Frank ess wrote:
>

>> Really
>> grates on my nerves, like "differnt than". Ick.

> You mean "different then"

your write

jamieboy32@gmail.com

Leica V-LUX3 a "CLONE" of a Panasonic DMC-FZ150K ?????????

I found information about the Japanese made Leica lenses how these lenses take 40 minutes for each element to be
individually ground, polished and tested then the 1 to 4 coatings are added,(this camera has 14 lens elements) on
Lieca made imported machines, whereas the Panasonic models use mass production techniques on there own machines to
a (minimum) Leica spec but with there own coatings including the own brand Panasonic
Black Box Nano surface coating,parts and picture processing firmware (Pannyuses its own Venus engine) for both have large
differences as do the CCD qualities and manufacturing tolerances the CCD's are made by different manfacturers the ones for
the Leica brand are all tested,differences in lens quality and coatings andfirmware make the better colours and less
abberations @ wide apertures.

The V-LUX3 is 22 grams heavier again due to the noticeable extra build quality of all metal
and Elecro-mechanical parts thats why Leica give a full unlimited 2 year gaurantee against the 1 year panny.
The Leica comes with Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Preiere Elements10 that would cost 150.

Then finally resale value (average second hand)
Panasonic DMC-FZ150K 205
Leica V-LUX3 350

So there you have it identical apart from a "red badge" !!!! and street cred!

You can always tell a Leica ,By the way it takes pictures - and by the pictures it takes