Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Problem with shared printer

Problem with shared printer

SteveShark

I don't have enough hair left to tear out any more..........maybe you
can help me keep what little remains........

I have a W2K desktop system with a Netgear DGB34G router. Connected
via USB is an Epson RX520. I'm trying to get a laptop running Vista
Home Premium to print with no success, although an XP laptop has no
problems.

The Vista laptop keeps asking for an updated printer driver, although
I've installed all updated drivers both in the desktop and the Vista
laptop.

The wireless connection between the Vista laptop and the rest of the
network is fine - everything sees everything else and I can surf the
interweb from the Vista machine with no problems.

Is this an example of Vista incompatibility, user stupidity or
something else?

I've searched as much as I can elsewhere but I can't find anything
else useful to try.

Many TIA.

Steve.

pico Hat

Why not just connect the printer directly to your Vista Home and try to get the driver installed? See whether this printer is supported by Vista.

These posts I found might help you:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...sta/1176404349
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...sta/1176471864

)