Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > FileUpoad Control

FileUpoad Control

sravan_reddy001

i used the file upload control to upload a file.
i set the target path as a WINDOWS directory.

how can i set the target path as my virtual directory in the IIS.

i am not going to the path of virtual directory(i.e C:\myserver\)
that path sud be like http://localhost/myserver etc..
i sud be able to see that file in the ISS(website\virtual directory)

Rob Meade

"sravan_reddy001" wrote ...

> i used the file upload control to upload a file.
> i set the target path as a WINDOWS directory.
>
> how can i set the target path as my virtual directory in the IIS.
>
> i am not going to the path of virtual directory(i.e C:\myserver\)
> that path sud be like http://localhost/myserver etc..
> i sud be able to see that file in the ISS(website\virtual directory)

It'll be pretty much the same thing to be honest....

I've always used SA-FileUp (http://www.softartisans.com) in the past, when
you configure that in code you give it a path to save to, this for me is
typically something like:

E:\Webs\myWebSite\wwwRoot\Uploads

In IIS I would have it configured so that the "Home Directory" was set to:
E:\Webs\myWebSite\wwwRoot\

If you looked through IIS after doing the above you would see uploaded files
in the Uploads directory as you are expecting.

Perhaps the file in your case hasn't actually transfered, maybe because of a
permissions or other error and that is why you are not seeing the file?

Regards

Rob

sravan_reddy001

That's not actually what i want..

u had used

E:\Webs\myWebSite\wwwRoot\ as the target path for ur file...

let ur folder in IIS be mywebsite(alias name)
then

the target path should be similar to
http://localhost/mywebsite/ i tried to use this
thing but i'm unable to do that...
is it possible to upload the file when giv our target past as
http://localhost/mywebsite/