I found a cache file named MSOCache in my file direcrory. It seems to
many files going back several years. Is there any reason I should not
delete all the files in MSOCache ??
On Jun 11, 6:26 pm, jim fisher <jimfish...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I found a cache file named MSOCache in my file direcrory. It seems to
> many files going back several years. Is there any reason I should not
> delete all the files in MSOCache ??
This folder is installed as part of the Microsoft Office 2003 setup.
It uses these files in case you want to repair the installation or
install some other component in the future. You can remove this file
safely by using the Windows Disk Cleanup tool. I gathered these steps
from Microsoft's support site:http://support.microsoft.com/
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to
System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
2. In the Select Drive dialog box, in the Drives list, click C:, and
then click OK.
3. Wait for Disk Cleanup to finish checking the drive.
4. In the Files to Delete list, click to select the Office Setup Files
check box, and then click OK.
5. When you receive the following message, click Yes:
Are you sure you want to delete these files?