Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > forwarding email to Gmail

forwarding email to Gmail

Andrew

hello all,

I would like to forward 3 web based email address to Gmail
(Hotmail,Yahoo,Netzero).

Im useing Windows Vista,
I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.

I would be grateful for any help .

~Drew

WhzzKdd

news:466dda56$0$16347$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> hello all,
>
> I would like to forward 3 web based email address to Gmail
> (Hotmail,Yahoo,Netzero).
>
> Im useing Windows Vista, I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.
>
> I would be grateful for any help .

Email forwarding by Hotmail and Yahoo is a pay feature, IIRC. You should be
able to setup your Gmail account to POP your Netzero account, or go to the
Netzero web email site and set up forwarding there.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...288&topic=1577

What's in a Name?

After much thought,Andrew aka http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) came up with this
jewel:

> I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.

and I want to know why not?
max
--
My Pages:
Virus Removal Instructions:

Mike Easter

What's in a Name? wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed)

>> I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.

> and I want to know why not?

Free netzero, free hotmail, & free yahoo don't pop/smtp.

Netzero has a premium account that does. Yahoo has a plus account that
does. I don't think hotmail offers any pop, just http with msn
accounts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...mail_providers Comparison
of webmail providers <features table>

--
Mike Easter

Andrew

I like the flexabilty of web based mail
that is not to say I can't or won't use a Pop/Smtp mail service
I cerntly will if it helps me meet my golas.

~Drew

"What's in a Name?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> After much thought,Andrew aka (E-Mail Removed) came up with this
> jewel:
>
>> I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.

> and I want to know why not?
> max
> --
> My Pages:
> Virus Removal Instructions:
> http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/removal.html
> Keeping Windows Clean:
> http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/keepingclean.html
> Tools: http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/tools.html
> Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply. nomail.afraid.org is
> specifically setup for USENET.Feel free to use it yourself.

pcbutts1

and spelling.

news:466deae3$0$16398$(E-Mail Removed).. .

Andrew wrote:
> I like the flexabilty of web based mail

Gmail is flexible and web based. Web mail which doesn't forward or pop
or access without a proprietary client isn't very flexible.

Many web mail interfaces are not flexible at all in terms of features
such as how the addressbook/contacts works and other editing and
interface features including attachment handling.

Personally I would rather archive my mail and other communications on my
drives than just on some webserver's. Gmail's abilities to store and
forward and pop provide an opportunity to archive on ones own drives as
well as googlespace.

--
Mike Easter

What's in a Name?

After much thought,Mike Easter aka (E-Mail Removed)lid came up with this
jewel:

> What's in a Name? wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed)

> >> I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.

> > and I want to know why not?

> Free netzero, free hotmail, & free yahoo don't pop/smtp.
>
> Netzero has a premium account that does. Yahoo has a plus account
> that does. I don't think hotmail offers any pop, just http with msn
> accounts.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...mail_providers
> Comparison of webmail providers <features table>

Yea,well I use gmail,hotmail and yahoo and get all my mail using
thunderbird with webmail extensions installed. I like getting of all my
mail accounts in one interface. Plus I am using the portable version on
a USB drive so I can use them in any computer (along with firefox,open
office,foxit reader,XanaNews and a few more)
http://portableapps.com/

You could also use hotmail popper(there is an older free version still
out there) and ypops to get yahoo.

max