Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Only one core in Taskmanager on Core 2 Duo T7200 on WinXP Pro X64

Only one core in Taskmanager on Core 2 Duo T7200 on WinXP Pro X64

=?Utf-8?B?QVQ=?=

Hi,

I am running a dualboot machine with one 32bit xp and one 64bit. My laptop
has a Core 2 Duo T7200 dual-core cpu. In the 32bit XP there are two cpu's in
the task manager, in XP x64 there is only one. Is this correct, or has the
64bit version not detected my cpu corrently?

Tony Sperling

In the 'View' menu item of TM there's an option to have one Graph per CPU or
something roughly equal, you may have to select that?

Tony. . .

"AT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am running a dualboot machine with one 32bit xp and one 64bit. My laptop
> has a Core 2 Duo T7200 dual-core cpu. In the 32bit XP there are two cpu's

in
> the task manager, in XP x64 there is only one. Is this correct, or has the
> 64bit version not detected my cpu corrently?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Or check the "Processor" entry in Device Manager...
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> In the 'View' menu item of TM there's an option to have one Graph per CPU or
> something roughly equal, you may have to select that?
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "AT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running a dualboot machine with one 32bit xp and one 64bit. My laptop
> > has a Core 2 Duo T7200 dual-core cpu. In the 32bit XP there are two cpu's

> in
> > the task manager, in XP x64 there is only one. Is this correct, or has the
> > 64bit version not detected my cpu corrently?

=?Utf-8?B?QVQ=?=

Yeah, its set for one graph per CPU. Only one graph showing.

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> In the 'View' menu item of TM there's an option to have one Graph per CPU or
> something roughly equal, you may have to select that?
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "AT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running a dualboot machine with one 32bit xp and one 64bit. My laptop
> > has a Core 2 Duo T7200 dual-core cpu. In the 32bit XP there are two cpu's

> in
> > the task manager, in XP x64 there is only one. Is this correct, or has the
> > 64bit version not detected my cpu corrently?

=?Utf-8?B?QVQ=?=

In the 32bit version there is a "procesor" tab with two processors in it. In
the 64bit version, there is no tab.

In the "general" tab of system properties my processor model is shown on the
32bit version. In the 64bit it does not.

I now realize that my 64bit version is SP1.. Does that matter? Is there
dual-core support in SP1?

"Carlos" wrote:

> Or check the "Processor" entry in Device Manager...
> Carlos
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
> > In the 'View' menu item of TM there's an option to have one Graph per CPU or
> > something roughly equal, you may have to select that?
> >

> > Tony. . .
> >

> > "AT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am running a dualboot machine with one 32bit xp and one 64bit. My laptop
> > > has a Core 2 Duo T7200 dual-core cpu. In the 32bit XP there are two cpu's

> > in
> > > the task manager, in XP x64 there is only one. Is this correct, or has the
> > > 64bit version not detected my cpu corrently?

Tony Sperling

O.K. - Then it' is safe to assume that the OS is not aware of the situation.
SP1 is not an issue in this respect.

What I would do, is to put the system CD in the drive and re-boot and then
re-install all the drivers that should be in use by your Motherboard. If
those on the CD do not support a 64bit system, you should visit the
manufacturer's site and have a look for 64bit drivers for your system.