Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SendUsing configuration is invalid.

SendUsing configuration is invalid.

dancer

Using ASP.Net and Framework 1.1.4322
File works fine on my computer. On my host server, I get this message.
The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The
"SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

Source Error:

Line 134: ' SMTP server's name or ip address!
Line 135: myMail.SmtpServer = ""
Line 136: myMail.Send(myMessage)
Line 137:
Line 138: frmEmail.Visible = False

These are some declared variables:
Dim myMessage As New MailMessage

Dim myMail As SmtpMail

Dim UserMessage As String

sloan

There is downloadable code here:
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!138.entry

to help you.

"dancer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using ASP.Net and Framework 1.1.4322
> File works fine on my computer. On my host server, I get this message.
> The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.
>
> Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The
> "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.
>
> Source Error:
>

> Line 134: ' SMTP server's name or ip address!
> Line 135: myMail.SmtpServer = ""
> Line 136: myMail.Send(myMessage)
> Line 137:
> Line 138: frmEmail.Visible = False
>

> These are some declared variables:
> Dim myMessage As New MailMessage
>
> Dim myMail As SmtpMail
>
> Dim UserMessage As String

Alexey Smirnov

On Jun 11, 8:48 pm, "dancer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Using ASP.Net and Framework 1.1.4322
> File works fine on my computer. On my host server, I get this message.
> The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.
>
> Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The
> "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.
>
> Source Error:
>
> Line 134: ' SMTP server's name or ip address!
> Line 135: myMail.SmtpServer = ""
> Line 136: myMail.Send(myMessage)
> Line 137:
> Line 138: frmEmail.Visible = False
>
> These are some declared variables:
> Dim myMessage As New MailMessage
>
> Dim myMail As SmtpMail
>
> Dim UserMessage As String

Check the support documentation that hosting service provides, or
contact a servicedesk. The error means that it requires you to specify
the SMTP Server. Usually it is an IP address of the mail server.

You can also try to use localhost, maybe it will work if SMTP service
is enabled on the same server where your site is located.

myMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"

dancer

I got the smtp server address from my host. I made the change, then I
received this message:
The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
was: 550 <(E-Mail Removed)> is not a valid mailbox
I have x'd out my address for security.
We host our own e-mail addresses inside the company - not on our hosting
server. But since it says *recipient* address I don't understand why it
says "not a valid mailbox"

Here is my code:
myMessage.From = "ssssss.ssssssst@ssssssss..com"

' myMessage.To = strEmail

MyMessage.To = "sssssss.ssssssst@ssssssss..com"

myMessage.Subject = "Accident Form (HTML)"

The from and to emails are the same.

Can you help me?

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Jun 11, 8:48 pm, "dancer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Using ASP.Net and Framework 1.1.4322
>> File works fine on my computer. On my host server, I get this message.
>> The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.
>> current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
>> about the error and where it originated in the code.
>>
>> Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The
>> "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.
>>
>> Source Error:
>>
>> Line 134: ' SMTP server's name or ip address!
>> Line 135: myMail.SmtpServer = ""
>> Line 136: myMail.Send(myMessage)
>> Line 137:
>> Line 138: frmEmail.Visible = False
>>
>> These are some declared variables:
>> Dim myMessage As New MailMessage
>>
>> Dim myMail As SmtpMail
>>
>> Dim UserMessage As String

> Check the support documentation that hosting service provides, or
> contact a servicedesk. The error means that it requires you to specify
> the SMTP Server. Usually it is an IP address of the mail server.
>
> You can also try to use localhost, maybe it will work if SMTP service
> is enabled on the same server where your site is located.
>
> myMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"

dancer

It is the TO address that is the problem, for I changed that one, and the
error message pointed it out. Now why would the TO address be a problem?
That should not have anything to do with a mail box on the host server,
should it?

On Jun 13, 5:53 pm, "dancer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I got the smtp server address from my host. I made the change, then I
> received this message:
> The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
> was: 550 <(E-Mail Removed)> is not a valid mailbox
> I have x'd out my address for security.

"sssssss.ssssssst@ssssssss..com"

two dots at the end?

dancer

No - I made that error when I changed the real address to x's and s's on
this message

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jun 13, 5:53 pm, "dancer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I got the smtp server address from my host. I made the change, then I
>> received this message:
>> The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
>> was: 550 <(E-Mail Removed)> is not a valid mailbox
>> I have x'd out my address for security.

> "sssssss.ssssssst@ssssssss..com"
>
> two dots at the end?

Alexey Smirnov

On Jun 13, 10:40 pm, "dancer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> No - I made that error when I changed the real address to x's and s's on
> this message

It seems that you have no rights to send an email. Either you have to
authenticate using a username and a password, or you need to have the
persmissions to relay through the server.

http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/1.4.aspx

dancer

On our website there are pages (maintained in Front Page) that communicate
with us through e-mail.
(No reference is made of SMTP on these pages.)

Why would we have permissions to relay through the server on those pages,
but not when I'm using Asp.net?

Thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

On Jun 14, 7:46 pm, "dancer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On our website there are pages (maintained in Front Page) that communicate
> with us through e-mail.
> (No reference is made of SMTP on these pages.)

Does it mean you have a link, a sort of <a
href=mailto(E-Mail Removed)>Send me an email</> which is not required a
SMTP?