Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Content Management Solutions

Content Management Solutions

awilson

I have been looking at a variety of different solutions for creating
dynamic content on a web page that is managed by a client remotely. I
had seen a bunch of software that work well if you use their solution
only, but most often it's way over kill for what I actually need... or
it's so expensive I just can't afford the investment.

I thought maybe folks here would have experience with this problem,
and maybe recommendations on potential solutions / strategies. If
something worked out well for you, I'd love to hear about it. If
something didn't work out so well for you, I'd love to hear about that
too.

Thanks in advance!

-Andrew

Alexey Smirnov

"awilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>I have been looking at a variety of different solutions for creating
> dynamic content on a web page that is managed by a client remotely. I
> had seen a bunch of software that work well if you use their solution
> only, but most often it's way over kill for what I actually need... or
> it's so expensive I just can't afford the investment.
>
> I thought maybe folks here would have experience with this problem,
> and maybe recommendations on potential solutions / strategies. If
> something worked out well for you, I'd love to hear about it. If
> something didn't work out so well for you, I'd love to hear about that
> too.

Hi Andrew

Look at the following thread, maybe it is what you can use as a CMS
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f348ecc8c576c2

Cheers

awilson

On Jun 11, 3:33 pm, "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "awilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>
> >I have been looking at a variety of different solutions for creating
> > dynamic content on a web page that is managed by a client remotely. I
> > had seen a bunch of software that work well if you use their solution
> > only, but most often it's way over kill for what I actually need... or
> > it's so expensive I just can't afford the investment.

> > I thought maybe folks here would have experience with this problem,
> > and maybe recommendations on potential solutions / strategies. If
> > something worked out well for you, I'd love to hear about it. If
> > something didn't work out so well for you, I'd love to hear about that
> > too.

> Hi Andrew
>
> Look at the following thread, maybe it is what you can use as a CMS http://groups.google.com/group/micro...framework.aspn...
>
> Cheers

Alexy,

Thanks for the link. I have looked into the usage of wikis and blogs
to manage content, but I don't feel those features are as flexible as
a CMS solution. What would I do for supporting graphic maintenance?
How would I edit a page that might have 3-4 different content areas?

I am trying to take into consideration how the user is going to
maintain this information post fact. Blog / Wiki editing seems very
linear, where as a page's layout is more dynamic. Maybe that is not a
requirement I should be overly concerned with, but I am a fan of
inline editing.