Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with Rocketpod

Problem with Rocketpod

Brian Whiting

Does anyone have any knowledge about the Rocketpod by Acomdata? A USB
external Hard drive that's supposed to just come up as a new drive letter,
but it's giving me fits. And Acomdata's supposed to get back to you in 3
days, and it's now been 6 and I can't get anyone there to get back to me.

--
Brian J. Whiting
(E-Mail Removed)

Evan Platt

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:02:42 -0400, "Brian Whiting" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Does anyone have any knowledge about the Rocketpod by Acomdata? A USB
>external Hard drive that's supposed to just come up as a new drive letter,
>but it's giving me fits. And Acomdata's supposed to get back to you in 3
>days, and it's now been 6 and I can't get anyone there to get back to me.

Might help to give specifics, computer type, operating system, etc.

Brian Whiting

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:02:42 -0400, "Brian Whiting" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any knowledge about the Rocketpod by Acomdata? A USB
>>external Hard drive that's supposed to just come up as a new drive letter,
>>but it's giving me fits. And Acomdata's supposed to get back to you in 3
>>days, and it's now been 6 and I can't get anyone there to get back to me.

> Might help to give specifics, computer type, operating system, etc.

I wanted to see if someone had experience with a particular product. I have
and AMD (Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1) with Windows XP Home SP 2. 256 MB
physical mem, 2 GB virtual mem.

--
Brian J. Whiting
(E-Mail Removed)

Brian Whiting

"Brian Whiting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:02:42 -0400, "Brian Whiting" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone have any knowledge about the Rocketpod by Acomdata? A USB
>>>external Hard drive that's supposed to just come up as a new drive
>>>letter,
>>>but it's giving me fits. And Acomdata's supposed to get back to you in 3
>>>days, and it's now been 6 and I can't get anyone there to get back to me.

>> Might help to give specifics, computer type, operating system, etc.

> I wanted to see if someone had experience with a particular product. I
> have and AMD (Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1) with Windows XP Home SP 2. 256
> MB physical mem, 2 GB virtual mem.
>
> --
> Brian J. Whiting
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed)

Any other information that anyone needs?

--
Brian J. Whiting
(E-Mail Removed)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Brian Whiting wrote:

> Any other information that anyone needs?

I've still got three blue socks missing. Damned if I can find them.

Kraftee

Brian Whiting wrote:
> "Brian Whiting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Might help to give specifics, computer type, operating system,
>>> etc.

>> I wanted to see if someone had experience with a particular
>> product. I have and AMD (Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1) with
>> Windows XP Home SP 2. 256 MB physical mem, 2 GB virtual mem.
>>
>> --
>> Brian J. Whiting
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>

> Any other information that anyone needs?

With only 256MB of physical memory I would say try being patient, very
patient, & you may find out the problem doesn't really exist it's just
that your system is slow...

Brian Whiting

"Kraftee" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
news:f4kaet$a2c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brian Whiting wrote:
>> "Brian Whiting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I wanted to see if someone had experience with a particular
>>> product. I have and AMD (Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1) with
>>> Windows XP Home SP 2. 256 MB physical mem, 2 GB virtual mem.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brian J. Whiting
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>>

>> Any other information that anyone needs?

> With only 256MB of physical memory I would say try being patient, very
> patient, & you may find out the problem doesn't really exist it's just
> that your system is slow...

While admittedly my system is very slow, that is not the issue. The
technician that I was able to finally track down from Acomdata determined it
was a faulty USB port within the Rocketpod.

--
Brian J. Whiting
(E-Mail Removed)

Kraftee

Brian Whiting wrote:
> "Kraftee" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
> news:f4kaet$a2c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Brian Whiting wrote:
>>> "Brian Whiting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Any other information that anyone needs?

>> With only 256MB of physical memory I would say try being patient,
>> very patient, & you may find out the problem doesn't really exist
>> it's just that your system is slow...

> While admittedly my system is very slow, that is not the issue. The
> technician that I was able to finally track down from Acomdata
> determined it was a faulty USB port within the Rocketpod.

It may not be an issue to you but the number of times I see problems
in the making because the person on the keyboard just won't wait for
the PC to catch up. I've even had a number of visits claiming poor
performance of DSL circuits only to find it's the PC which is the
choke point (you can normally tell by the hard drive being thrashed to
death on each web page whic is opened), even had one user running XP
in 16bit mode (no I don't know how either but it apparently was)...

Glad you got it sorted though...